Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a really pretty resort in Austria for Xmas and new year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
quinton, snap NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surprised that Lech has not been mentioned.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like Kitzbuhel - been there 3 times now including THE January of 2006 Skullie I really don't get the expensive comments - we've had our cheapest ever skiing hols staying there. £250 for flight, transfer and B&B wasn't too bad & stacks of options for cheap food in town. On mountain prices are nowhere near 3 Valleys prices! Loved the connection with the wider Ski Welt area - in fact our favourite skiing was getting an early ski bus out of Kitzbuhel to get to the Ki-West gondola as it opened - wheeee! Skiing up there before people from Westerndorf got there Toofy Grin But I wouldn't call it a really pretty resort....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jaunary 06 was one of the best skiing of the last 10 years. It was winter 06/07 that was a bit barren and late when the hahnenkamm got cancelled (jan 07) They spent millions of euros helicoptering in snow, all to no avail though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jafa, yes, sorry - meant Jan 2007. I was there as they were ferrying the snow in....I seem to remember I did a 'grass report' at the time....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think staying in KItzbuhel is expensive compared to some other resorts. Kirchberg its sister is much cheaper to live in eat in (at the moment) And as has been said elsewhere, allows you to access the exat same runs as Kitzbuhel, except more entry points, and is that little bit nearer accessing the ski welte. I often have guests staying in Kirchberg for that very reason, some not even skiing Kitzbuhel at all.
But that could all be changing soon. There seems to be a lot of cranes working in Kirchberg with new buildings going up. Prices for buying seem to be holding up strongly. They always said it was a third cheaper in Kirchberg than Kitzbuhel. Im not so sure that still stands true.
The Dutch certainly prefer Kirchberg, that's for sure.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again everyone for the info!
Got lots to think about now. Think that I will give kitz a miss and have a look at the other resorts mentioned.
The ice rink thing is something that I am now putting more emphasis on.
Surely there is somewhere that we can go and play hockey outside any suggestions will be welcomed.
Anyone been to the Innsbruck area?

Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jimbobwillis, according to http://blog.zellamsee-kaprun.com/en/2012/02/23/ice-skating-at-the-frozen-lake-zell/ they had a skating area in 2012, so it is possible in Zell if the conditions are right.

If the skating is your primary focus, then I'd be tempted to try somewhere like http://www.weissensee.com/en/home-winter - Nassfeld is close by, and provides a reasonable ski area - http://www.nassfeld.at/en/winter/

Carinthia isn't on the radar for many UK skiers, but if you can fly into Klagenfurt it starts to look more attractive.

Innsbruck is also a good option - http://www.olympiaworld.at/en/sport_aktiv/eissport/publikumseislauf.php - and you can reach several good ski areas as day trips from the city, or you can access the Nordkette slopes direct from the centre on the Hungerburg funicular
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jimbobwillis, take a look at the offers in and around Wagrain and maybe ask JFrosty the Snowman about it as he was there with a mixed party tow Christmases back. I went over to ski with him and also meet up after skiing and they were having a ball. Really Christmassy and masses of snow.

You will need to book up fairly quickly if you want to have a good choice - even if the Brits do not go away for the actual Christmas week, more and more Europeans do. The apartments I look after book out very quickly for that week, probably faster than the New Year week but not quite as fast as the UK Half Term week (the apartments are owned by Brits!). Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all for even more advice. Looked at all the places you guys have recommended. What a choice!
My wife has also been looking and we have agreed that Innsbruck area is the place as the big city, sports venues etc are all nearby.has anyone stayed in Neusteft?
Like the sound of it even with a bus ride upto to glacia.
So is the stubai area ok?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the advice. Have now decided on Neusteft close to innsbruck and lots to do in the area. Ticks all the boxes.
Anyone been there?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haven't stayed in Neustift yet (that I remember) but am booked for a weekend middle of November.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jimbobwillis, have stayed once or twice for weekends, now live in Innsbruck so would be pretty pointless lol! It's a nice little village, easy access on the bus to Stubai Glacier in one direction or Schlick2000 in the other (get the Olympia area pass, covers several resorts), and has it's own (small!!) ski area called the 11er Lifte too. Easy to get to Patscherkoffel at the lower end of the valley, and presumably Axamer Lizum too (never looked into the public transport, but at worst just go via Innsbruck) which is well worth a visit. Make sure you check out the CHristmas Market in Innsbruck one evening, it's ace, and the street food is even better!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy