Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria, bansko

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking to spend some time in Bulgaria this winter for maybe a week or 2. Have heard good things about Bansko and am looking for catered accommodation there, can anyone give me any recommendations or give me an opinion on the resort? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ieuan006, avoid new year. It gets exceedingly busy and lift queues were often more. Than 1hr to get up the gondola.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bansko is okay if you avoid peak times, as mentioned the main gondola can be a nightmare.

You also need to go there with the right attitude, and don't try and compare it with France, Switzerland, Italy etc etc or you will set yourself up to fail. Compare it to Scotland and you should be okay Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ieuan006, Welcome to Snowheads. I've been to Bansko and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm going back again in March. I posted a trip report on here somewhere!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ieuan006, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

There was a thread about Bansko here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2096358&highlight=bulgaria#2096358

You might wish to avoid watching the mountain toilet video link if you are of a sensitive disposition, though it is quite amusing.... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adie wrote:
Compare it to Scotland and you should be okay Smile

jb1970 Is that so ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Compare it to Hemel Hempstead and you're aces!

Seriously though you can get some mega deals for Bansko so just keep looking. Best to go for B&B if you can as eating out at night is nice. There are some good restaurants around the old town which are cheap. Bansko is not a bad resort and has a bit of 'wild east' charm but I haven't been in 4 years and don't intend to go back anytime soon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The best thing to do it is book early if you are certain for the dates (by the way the best dates are in the end of February since there is not so crowded on the lifts). Last year we stayed at premier luxury resort which was perfect and for the money we gave was a charm. Bansko it self is a very good resort although there are some unfinished buildings. The pistes are great and the weather was perfect sun and snow Very Happy .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
ieuan006, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

There was a thread about Bansko here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2096358&highlight=bulgaria#2096358

You might wish to avoid watching the mountain toilet video link if you are of a sensitive disposition, though it is quite amusing.... Madeye-Smiley

the toilet video was at 'Georges Hut' which is in Borovets.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Borovets is a larger area, if you're looking to ski more than a few runs over and over again I'd go there instead.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been twice, 1st had no snow until the day before I flew (Christmas Eve), but had awesome conditions. 2nd year had poor conditions due to lack of snow during second half of the week, despite the rest other European resorts having excellent conditions. Bansko is an excellent resort otherwise.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied there twice years ago. Great snow both times, excellent on and off piste. Small resort so if you ski piste only, expect to ski the same piste over and over. Over all its a good holiday spot. Know a number of pros that rate the off piste and tree skiing.
Go their with no expectations and make up your own mind.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy