Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neustift, Austria: reviewed (from a family skiing point of view)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mark Hodson looks at family skiing in the Austrian resort of Neustift, which benefits from the nearby Stubai glacier, in today's Sunday Times. One big advantage, as he points out, is the very short transfer time from Innsbruck airport.

There is also brief mention of three other small family resorts.

I've only visited Neustift for spring, summer and autumn skiing on the glacier, so I've never seen the local winter skiing. Have any snowHeads skied it between December and April?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, yes - once. It was fun, especially the night time toboggan run (complete with proper refreshment half way down). I visited all of the little villages except Milders (which looks a bit dull - rather like a giant Box Hill). The lower ski-ing from the glacier is very interesting too. Lots of lines. I highly recommend it, but advise car hire from the airport so you can get around. You can also easily visit Igles and Steinach from Neistift.

From the scenic point of view I prefer the summer, it's really only beaten (IMO) by Loechental for staggering flowers etc. I'm pushing for an EOSB to be held at the StubaierGletscher one year. Glad the place is getting a bit of a plug!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm off to Neustift next weekend!! Very Happy (if I haven't told everyone 50 times already!)

Any recommendations for good shops, bars and resturants? - keeping in mind I'm a Tignes sort of person - although I do like good food; I'm not on CEO type salary!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanB, If you're used to tignes then everything will be good! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snob.

NehNeh Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IanB,
I went there last week of January with my wife and 6 month old daughter!
We went with Esprit as well, but stayed in the hotel Stubaierhof (lovely hotel,friendly staff, great food)
I agree with what he said the childcare was outstanding - Jo and Becky couldn't have been more helpful!
We've booked with Esprit to Kaprun this year - I hope the childcare is as good as it was in Neustift
Skiing

Sorry I can't recommend anywhere to go - you don't get to go out much with a 6 month old, do try the toboggan run on the Elfer though (you can ski there as well if you don't fancy a bus journey) !
Oh yes - the Skiing. Agree with the article really, but the Schlick 2000 area is worth a visit to experience the slowest, flattest blue run back to the middle station possible. You don't actually have to pole, but it's a close thing.
Actually it's not that bad - it's worth a day trip as a change from the glacier.

Hamish
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IanB, couldn't resist - but Stubai/Neustift has oodles of character which is severely missing in Tignes! Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure when I get of a "certain age", I'm sure that'll start bothering me Wink

So.. now I've offended everyone Wink - any suggestions for good ski shops I may be able to pick up some reasonably priced (i.e. cheaper than the UK!) servicing/tuning kit!? or wishful thinking on my part? Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IanB, I'm now thinking of going here this Thursday ... It sounds like it would be worth a visit, and it is marginally easier to get to than Hintertux.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a feeling that most of the time I'm going to be beasted with race technique coaching - so "recreational" skiing is going to take a backseat.

Snows forecast from Wednesday on though which is a good thing - although we did get rumours that there was a sprinkling today from some guys already out there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IanB, I don't remember any particular shops, but there are a number in Neustift, and Austria is usually pretty cheap. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forecast snow showers all next week!! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy