Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying touring boots - Chamonix or UK?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snow-heads,

I've been silently reading various threads for a while now and have picked up some good advice, so thanks! But please could I get some more...

I'm looking to get some Dynafit binding compatible touring boots (something like the Dynafit Titan TF-X) for this winter. However I'm moving to Chamonix mid November and not sure whether to buy them here in the UK or in Chamonix. From what I have read the quality of fitting should be the same whether in the UK or in Chamonix (I'd go to solutions4feet in UK and Sole in Cham), but the range would be greater in Chamonix.

My preference would be to buy in Chamonix as if there was any issue with the fitting it would be easy to visit the shop... however the problem is I don't have much of a budget and would prefer to buy while boots are on offer.

Does anyone know how the prices in Chamonix (in November/December) compare to the offers at the moment?

Thanks!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd buy there, as you say there is more recourse and at that point this years boots will be in. The Titan is discontinued AFAIK. That said stuff now will be cheaper as shops are trying to offload last years stock.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a pair of Titans in 28.5 I am looking to sell if you are interested.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depending on size we have a few pairs of titan in the back room, £300 (a pair) assuming it is a reasonable fit for your foot.... no point having something which isn't right however cheap it is
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon1231, sounds like check out what CEM can do, failing that, see Steve in Cham.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meh, I guessed they were being discontinued from all the deals at the moment, this is what attracted me to them, I have no issues with buying an older boot (especially one with consistently good reviews).

snowrider, Thanks for the offer however 28.5 is too big.

CEM, Thanks, I'll be in contact shortly to organise a time, hopefully my feet will be the right shape.

under a new name, I came to the same conclusion, thanks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You should def. buy them in Chamonix. There will be tons of offers during november so relax Very Happy It is also a product that needs time to try out and to fit so do NOT take any shortcuts or your fets will suffer Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd definitely buy in Chamonix @ Sole. My wife got her boots there last year and they were cheaper than anything on the internet, plus you get Steve's friendly banter & free cake, along with opportunity to tweak based on how you find them on the snow. The fitting was fantastic and she absolutely loves the boots.

I need new boots (for the first time, need rather than want!) and will definitely go to Sole.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sole is great, Sanglard is very good as well.. they are the boot fitting team for the french national team.. Not bad Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy