Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes ski school for 7 year old?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Looking for recommendations for ski school for a 7 year old. I've never needed to look at ski schools in tignes before but this year I have a friend and his daughter coming with us.
She has done 2 weeks skiing and can handle blues well and is just about doing parallel turns when she concentrates.
As with most of that age the mind tends to wander and she needs to be kept in check.
I think this year as she is a bit older she should be better at applying herself. We are there for 2 weeks so are looking for a week of full days then the 2nd week will take her with us as much as possible when she wants.

Ant thoughts or suggestions.
Tim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These guys have a very good reputation mates have used them in the past - and its a well established business

http://www.lesmarmottons.com/index.php?id_page=85
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a few English ski schools there but more aimed towards adults.
However BASS and Ultimate both cater for kids. The Ultimate guys are great so I would definitely recommend them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We always recommend: www.ultimatesnowsports.com to our guests and friends.
Always get excellent reviews.
Small class sizes.
For school hols you may need to book asap as they are very popular with the British

Also Evo2: www.evolution2.com/tignes/en/default.htm
Great international instructors.

Les Marmottons might be a bit too easy for her.
Great for younger kids though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Normally I guess none of those would be whole-day options? I think a whole day of ski school is a bit much for the average 7 year old, actually, even if any of the schools provide it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for all the replys. I hope we can find all day for her as last year she managed 2 hrs morning and 2 hrs afternoon no problems. She had loads of energy and is quite happy spending 3/4 hrs at a time surfing which is pretty tiring!!!!
I think the ESF gave an all day option but was looking for other recommendations. Will prob try Evo2 as know them quite well.
The beauty of 1 week all day lessons is it will really push her on then in the 2nd week she will be able to show her mum up which will push her on Very Happy
Tim
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Normally I guess none of those would be whole-day options? I think a whole day of ski school is a bit much for the average 7 year old, actually, even if any of the schools provide it.

Physically i reckon my daughter would upto it which was why offered her the choice for Aprils holiday (as it was an option to book) but she has so much fun in the kids clubs she only wanted to ski for half a day Happy so she chose that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here you go, is this any good to you?

http://www.evolution2.com/tignes/en/yeti.htm

I do remember seeing the Evo 2 instructors having unch with their hoards in VDI last year, at a place we often went to, so figured they may well be with them for the day.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That looks like it could be the one.
Tim
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timg60,
The one set of people I would not go with is the ESF. The class sizes I have seen in Tignes for kids are ridiculous. 15+ I have seen on several occasions. Unless the child keeps in the first few their rate of learning is going to be slow. So pay a bit more for a smaller group. Evo2 probably as good as anyone.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you mark. Was thinking as such. Never had much faith in the ESF follow me style of teaching. Katie had a great experience in of all places Borovets last year in all day lessons in a group of 7 with I must say fantastic instructor who gave them all lots of individual tuition through out the day.
Finished the week wanting more and can't stop talking about it so want to ensure that this years experience is just as good if not better. We are taking her family to Tignes this year as we did Bulgaria last year cheap as they might not of taken to it. This year it should be money well spent for them as long as they both (especially the 7year old ) enjoy it again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's a long time ago now, but my kids had a pretty grim time with Evo2 when they were that age in Tignes 8 years ago. The worst incident was when my then 7 year old was left to stand alone outside the ski school office for two hours because he twice failed to ride a t-bar without falling. One of my kids progressed well but it was a waste of time for the other two.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have had great times with the ESF never more than 8 children/adults in my groups, except French holidays when the maximum is 12.

Good to see the ESF bashing is alive and well
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stewart - not bashing the ESF just making an observation. I am lucky not have had any type of lessons for a very long time ( doesn't mean I couldn't do with some Very Happy ). Maybe it's just that they stand out in their uniform but always seem to do a lot of leading.
I will always stand corrected and might even try some private lessons this season as I'm sure my technique has got very lazy over the years.
More than anything I've been looking for advice on ski schools for an active 7 year old who we are looking to get the best tuition for.
Regards
Tim
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My sister has used Ultimatesnowsports- http://www.ultimatesnowsports.com for her 2 boys both in Tignes and Val for 2 or 3 holidays.. She was very pleased with the small class sizes and the friendliness of the English instructors. Her boys are now aged 9 and 7 so right in the age bracket. I met them at the end of a lesson a couple of seasons ago, and was amused to hear the feedback that my younger nephew had been "practising his listening skills" Very nice kid friendly young instructor who clearly had young nephew sussed and, as it was the week before Christmas, there were only 3 in the class. I think they get booked up quickly in high season because they are a relatively small ski school, so book early if you're going in a peak week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy