Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for more than 30 days

Poster: A snowHead
I hope I've posted this in the right place. I am wondering if anyone can recommend an insurance company that will insure you for more than 30 days skiing at one time. Everyone so far seems to have a 30 day restriction. I apologise as I am sure this subject has been covered before, but any advice would be gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could have a look at MPI, they do seasonnaires insurance as well as TO and annual policies. http://b2c.mpibrokers.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used this.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
I have used this.

That looks really good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swissie, we used MPI last winter - we had a single trip but which included two return trips to UK and that worked for us for January through to the end of April, with three week s back in UK in February. The period in December that we were skiing was covered by our insurance through the bank.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. What I would ideally like is a yearly insurance cover which I have had in the past , that covers all travel, but of course the important thing is the snowsports insurance as I am in Switzerland for the whole winter.rjs, They look great, am going to pass the details on to my son who is an instructor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMC has a wide cover of activities but not cheap.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob, Thanks. Have used AMEX up till now but this years quote practically gave us the vapours!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swissie, Have you looked at the BASI insurance? If you son is qualified through them then their offering can work out very good value.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dogtag are also worth a look. Snowsport england do not (i don't think)offer a whole season's worth. I think dogtag can if you extend the number of days beyond 31 ie to the number required. you also need to be very caereful on whether or not offpiste is included and with or without a guide.

i agree about BASI
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys for all your input. I am wondering if it is worth asking my Swiss house insurance company whether they or know someone that can do it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chrisJersey, The Snowsport England "single trip" policy can be extended up to 18 months, I have used this with more than 30 days skiing cover.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjs, noted. would be good to have someone compare costs and coverage of the varuious insurers (but not me!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I get up to 60 day trips with Snowcard.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Thank you. I was hoping that you might pick up this topic, as you know all about these these things. Will check this out...thanks so much.
snow report
Swissie, I certainly don't know all about it, but have had to shop around for cover for long trips. snowcard were good when I had an accident earlier this year. Their top level of cover is very good, and you can save money by cutting out non essentials and carrying those risks yourself
snow conditions
I did snowcard this year for similar reasons to pam w
ski holidays
just make sure that they cover off piste.... snowcard and MPI do. Dog tag does but I recall something about their policy was a bit wish washy.
latest report
Swissie, your Swiss accident insurance should cover you for most (all?) things. We top ours up with Carte Neige to ensure easy downlift if required when not in Switzerland. If you are not UK resident, most suggestions from here will probably be a little worthless I'm afraid.
ski holidays
We got our insurance from the other ski club had to get exec cover and we have upto 60 days skiing per year.
snow report
Yes, the SCGB policy is a good one, but with having to buy membership as well, I found that Snowcard was cheaper for similar cover.
snow report
We used to insure through SCGB - I think OH still belongs - but at our age the cost for the length that we required suddenly zoomed up.
ski holidays
Austrian Alpine Club will cover you for mountain rescue and injury so all you need is a standard illness travel insurance. super cheap too at around 43 euros!
latest report
Thanks for all your help. I am just in the process of buying my 2013/14 ski pass (4 Vallees) and have taken out their Assurance + : Snowcare annual/season cover, which is the better of the 2 they offer and covers just about everything that you would need (don't know why I haven't done this before) its 98 chf (the other is 63 chf) I notice that it is 5 chf a day which may be of interest to anyone going on holiday and buying a weekly pass.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy