Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered Chalet in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of a catered chalet in Tignes or any good Austrian resorts, that can be had for like £550 each inc flights and transfers for 14 people?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going 01/03/2014 - sorry.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarny, £639 from 2 March with Mountainsun in Tignes - doesn't include flights but DOES include a lift pass. You won't get much cheaper than that. They can do cheap transfers from Geneva, too. It's French school holidays though - will be busy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That price will be a tall order unless you risk it and late book (difficult with 14). Chaeletchardons.com in Le Brev might be achievable at that price depending on how flights are going as they price for half board only. With 14 you will need 2 minbuses (eg snowstartransfers.co.uk or coolbus) will work out at about £85 each.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarny, Take a look at some of these http://www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk/TignesLinks.php
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It may be hard to do a catered chalet in Tignes for £550 per person including flights and transfers (transfers alone can cost quite a bit) and you are going in half term when the chalet operators will be trying to maximise their profits.

Anyway I have used chalet Planton in Tignes les Lac in the past. Though they are advertised as self catering apartments you can buy a half board option from them, which is what we have done. The food has been excellent and staff really friendly. Being self catering apartments you do get a lot more space per person than is normal for a chalet. Have a look at http://www.vmontana.com/uk/index.php#restaurants-tignes.php and http://www.vmontana.com/uk/index.php#residences-village-montana-tignes.php for more information
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Think this is out the window.

TRANSFERS - every year I notice these are expensive, even with a Bens Bus!

Why are transfers like £80/each on a minibus? People making a killing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For people who know of me please look away now.

No we are NOT making a killing GVA to Tignes is 3 hours minimum plus 3 hours back for some people. So if things do not work out with empty legs that is 12 hours on the road just to get you to and from resort. Insurance premiums are sky high, diesel is at an all time high, French social charges are high and the tax system ludicrously expensive.

If you want to travel with an English speaking driver who is fully insured with the correct transport licences and has not had a 22 hour day then you have to pay for it. If it seems cheap ( sorry 80 € per person return to Tignes for 14 is very cheap) then it is cheap and people are cutting corners and possibly putting yours and your friends and family at risk

Sorry rant over

Andy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anderoo, +1
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
80 € per person return to Tignes for 14 is very cheap
....when compared to the cost of a heli transfer from Geneva wink ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
3 hours there and 3 hours back = 6 hours ??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

3 hours there and 3 hours back = 6 hours ??

Quote:

So if things do not work out with empty legs that is 12 hours on the road just to get you to and from resort

Taking account of empty legs.

I don't think £80 is expensive for a transfer really when you think about it. It is a one-day-per-week operation and has a limited season. Long distances, lots of costs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The return bus fare from Geneva airport to Tignes is over 100 Euros, so £80 for a return transfer is quite good value in my opinion.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£80 return from Gva to tignes is an absolute steal. On heavy days it can take a lot longer, there's a good deal of hanging around, costs are high. I regularly drive into Gva - from a lot closer - and it is often hard work. I do it for love, but if I were doing it for money it would have to be a LOT of money.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have you checked out the Tignes Chalet company? Quite reasonable I believe, e.g. http://www.thetigneschaletcompany.com/prices_chalet_la_tourne.html

The guys who run the company are a couple of ISTDs who also run Ultimate Snowsports in Tignes. I've no experience of the chalets, but their teaching was great!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy