Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon XPro 130 Vs Salomon Quest Max BC 120

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need a new pair of boots, I'm an advanced skiier probably 50:50 piste / off piste and I've narrowed my choice down to these two as I like Salomon boots as they seem to fit me without much adjustment. Anyone own a pair or tried them out, what I'd like to know is do they perform as well as the marketing guff suggests? Thanks for any replies advice greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doubt you'll find anyone who's tried the XPros as they're brand new for this season, replacing the Impact range I believe. Depends really whether you ever use touring bindings (or hybrids like the Guardian/Duke) etc. If you do the Quests will be more comfortable uphill but I'd expect the XPro to ski better downhill.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
XPro is a high volume boot, but has a great liner, completely different beast to the 120 BC, the comparative boot would be The Quest Max Pro 130 both from the same mould, same functioning components, different plastic ego less weight on the BC120. IMO you can go all out and ski hard with one of the new Gen Hybrid Boots, such as the 120 BC or the 130 Pro.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I don't do any touring just some boot packing but not that often. I think on that basis the XPro might be the better option for me if it does ski better downhill than the Quest.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Similar question - I was thinking of getting the Salomon X-Max 120 boots but now I'm trying to work out the differences between them and the X-Pro 120s. The Pros seem fractionally heavier and built slightly wider, but otherwise to my eyes they look identical. Anyone got any insights on this?

Another question while I'm here - anyone tried the Fischer Ranger Pro 13? These and the Salomons both appeal to me because the ability to mold the shell hopefully means a better fit from the get go. I know that ultimately I'll go with whatever the boot fitter recommends but as the Fischers and Salomons aren't in the same shops I'll effectively be making a decision when I choose which shop to go to.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Valkyrie, volume, volume , volume, the XPro is wider, with more volume , generally for a bigger higher volume foot

can't comment on fischer as we don't stock them
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy