Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet peclet, Val Thoren

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all..

has anyone stayed at Chalet Peclet in Val Thorens?

I've stayed in VT quite a few times, but never here...

anyone got any reviews?

thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't stayed at Peclet itself but in another Skiworld chalet in the same part of VT. I think it's either a Balcons or Des Neiges apartment, one of the two. They're all pretty decent, not luxury by any means but perfectly acceptable for a week's chalet holiday. Skiworld's standard catering is exactly that, standard chalet fayre and like the chalet, nothing special but perfectly acceptable for the price range. The only thing you can't be sure of is who the staff will be this season!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the reply.

when you say the sane area, are they all grouped together?

is it down on the right hand side (east) of the village, I normally stay in the Hotel Val Thorens, which is quite central.

but I don't think the location on the skiworld website is correct.. could be wrong though.

thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They're all at the top of the resort, near Rue des Balcons. I think the location on Skiworld's website is accurate enough. 5 minutes walk to the Frog and Roastbeef. It's a downhill walk into the centre, so uphill coming back from all the nightlife!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
James Bushell, a group of us stayed there a few years ago (actually it was 2002, I just checked Shocked )
It's right up in the Place du Slalom, and we really liked it and Skiworld looked after us very well, with a very capable and pleasant chalet girl who knew how to cook. Easy short access to the slopes, and back again, as long as you ski back to the right place. The Frog and a few other bars are close by.

There was one very small twin room that had nowhere to put any clothes, but use of a wardrobe and shelves outside in the landing. The couple who had been put in there and were not part of our group asked to be moved somewhere else as she was embarrassed that "everyone would see her smalls all week" Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed at Balcons with Skiworld before. It is comfortable, has access to pool and couple of other facilities in the development, and location is reasonably good to get onto the piste from the front of the building or hop on the bus to centre of town for beginners.

Not exactly top notch luxury, but if you get a deal they are more than comfortable enough for a nice week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy