Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to go to Japan cheap? LAST CHANCE SALOON....

Poster: A snowHead
As I have mentioned in another thread The Lad is going to be Ski Instructing in Niseko this winter for the excellently named Pro Powder.

I plan on going to visit for 10 days/two weeks, dates 26th Feb outbound, 12-14 days total trip.

I have enough air miles to get a free BA flight to Tokyo.
"Free" because they still have to charge about £350 for all the taxes.

I have a companion voucher, so if any snowHead wants to go for the same "free" flight, and can work with my dates (which are flexible-ish, nothing firm booked yet) then please get in touch.

There is no need for you to share the trip in anyway....we can even book aircraft seats at the opposite ends of the plane if you so desire...but if you have always fancied a trip to Niseko (or elsewhere in Japan) there is a good chance of getting the local viewpoint from The Lad, or maybe other snowHeads like Mike Pow.

Perhaps we should try to get enough snowHeads to form a mini Bash?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-10-13 17:16; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm a possibly interested here - got no further yet with my own Japow dreams

Edit for the avoidance of doubt this was a tentative expression of dibs without appearing too pushy wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 15-08-13 16:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not for me - the grooming there is crap!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
Not for me - the grooming there is crap!

Still you can always buy their panties from vending machines (Err... so I've heard).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I know it's stating the bleedin' obvious, but someone needs to bite rungsp's hand off. I'd be up for a mini-bash but stupid work committments prevent me this feb.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be keen. Do you know likely dates yet?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hmm interesting, very interesting...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, Thats a fantastic offer and as ChrisWo, says !!! I'd get the time off no problem but I know I would anger the Niseko powder Gods with my pathetic efforts Sad People should be jumping all over this.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll be in Hirafu most of the season as well, so if there is a meet-up or something I'll come say hi for sure.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jimmer, Sod that we want the gnar tour (with a bottler's route around any drops wink )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob wrote:
jimmer, Sod that we want the gnar tour (with a bottler's route around any drops wink )

Unfortunately Niseko is a bit lacking in Gnar! There's great snow, some amazingly fun runs and a few good drops, but nothing like the Andes or the Alpes.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm all about the fun runs rather than bum puckering - I'm a player not a playah.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A Japanese version of Gnar points would look very different...and would have to involve an electric toilet somewhere.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp, Very generous offer!! Sadly doesn't work with my timing, and I presume you're flying from the UK.
ski holidays
I'm up for a mini.

Can't believe nobody's taken up this unbelievable offer yet.
snow report
In the company calender as we speak!
latest report
Brilliant offer rungsp - hats off to you! Almost rang Mrs MA to see if she's up for it (ie both of us + you, not just you and her Toofy Grin !) but I'd be struggling with the second half of Feb due to that annoyance that always gets in the way of skiing ie work Confused.....
snow report
UPDATE>>>ALMOST LAST CHANCE

I will be going to Japan on or about 26th February for 12-14 days.
I can be a little bit flexible about the dates.

As mentioned at the top I have sufficiemt BA miles to get "free" ticket...and another "free" ticket for somebody travelling with me.

I say "free" because the taxes and landing charges have to be paid...approx £350 return.

I'll be going to Niseko where my son (aka The Lad) will be teaching the full season for Pro Powder ski school (excellent name!).

I plan to stay in a Lodge, probably this one: www.Slowlifeniseko.com

If you don't want to be with me, even don't want to sit next to me, or even speak to me....that is fine.
However it would be good to share the adventure, sadly my wife does not want to come.

I've had a couple of snowHeads say "yes" but then "no, the wife won't let me".

Only say yes if you mean it....and say it soon....I plan to book the flights early next week.

Me: 50 (ish). Good skier, not expert. Budget = modest, not skimping, but not flashing it around.
snow report
I'm amazed no-one's snapped this up yet; that's a really generous offer rungsp.
ski holidays
rungsp, amazing offer! Can't believe it's not been taken.

I too have proper work commitments Feb to mid-march - ARGH!
ski holidays
I wish but with redundancy looming better not!
ski holidays
davkt, oh dear. Best of luck with it all.
ski holidays
I'm very interested and those dates are perfect for me but was hoping for the possibility of a mini bash as there may be 2 of us. Also we are boarders so don't wanna cramp your style Wink If its possible for 2 of us to tag along, how much would the total be (flights, hotel, transfers, lift pass) ?
snow conditions
Gainz, I can only offer the "free" flight to one person, but obviously the second person just books the same flights and pays the full price...then the two of you share the saving.

Rough costs for the free flighter (worked out by a.n.other snowHead):

Accommodation as per link - about £538 each (shared twin)
Tax on flights - £350

Eating out \ Beer money ??? - £600 ??
Lift Pass - £352
Transfer (Coach ?) - £50

Total - £1890

Mini bash:
2 of you
Me
The Lad
Mike Pow
a coiple of others in the area

Obviously The Lad and Mike Pow may or may not be working during the day, but there is every chance of a few get-togethers, day trips and Karaoke extravaganzas etc etc
snow report
rungsp, Give me until monday. Had a quote with japan ski for £1700 without beer money but was a better hotel in Hakuba. This was back in feb this year but we didnt go due to work etc. This looks like a possibility but maybe too soon to book for us. You'll get a def yes or no on monday. Cheers.
snow conditions
Monday is fine Gainz, but I think you should come.

Have a look at the trip report linked from meh
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2256341

He stayed at the same Lodge and liked it a lot.
latest report
Gainz, I tried to send you a PM...but you are "down a crevasse"

Not 100% sure what that means...you need to add an email to your profile?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, I'm waiting in the wings if Gainz can't commit. Have sent you a PM.
ski holidays
Quote:

you need to add an email to your profile

or put a post in Suggestions / Requests asking a mod to haul you out.
ski holidays
Hi sorry its a bit late but I won't be able to commit right now, its just too soon. If things work out in the new year I might just book it solo and meet y'all out there. Good luck and have fun.

Still can't find where to update my email - hence down a crevasse!
latest report
Gainz wrote:

Still can't find where to update my email - hence down a crevasse!

User Facilities ==> Forum Profile

Then right at the top, there is a link to "Update Password or email"
snow report
Oh well...can't wait any longer...

Booked for just me....call me Norman-No-Mates
snow conditions
Just joined the forum, can't believe I missed this I've been wanting to go to japan for years Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy