Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Izor's v Rossi Zeniths - opinions/anyone tried them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Welcome to my first thread - thank you for reading! snowHead

I want to upgrade from my 168cm 02/03 rossignol t powers as they are hard work to intitate on, not that stable, uninspiring at speed and require more skill than I have to grip properly on ice...22m turn radius, and I think a 60mm waist? And from the way they flex/vibrate at speed I'd guess either I'm too heavy or they are intended for a lower ability skier..

Decathlon seems to have the best prices, and the two in the title particularly are on offer (Izor 9.7 £264, Zeniths £220) and as both seem to be aimed at upper intermediates (sorry 'expert/all mountain' on the decathlon scale Twisted Evil) I figure one of them will probably do...any opinions on them? Does anyone have them? Struggling for reviews online so no background really..

Never easy online but I guess you need some idea of how I ski Embarassed I'm 27yo female, 15st, 5' 8", linked parallel turns on most pisted runs (blue/red/some blacks) in good conditions, but useless over moguls/poor vis/ice, unfit (so don't often hit the blacks, unless I misread the map, and tend to use long turns) and definately neither adventurous, nor agressive. 10 weeks on snow, over the last 8 years, plus UNCOUNTED lessons on dry ski as a teen - I used to work at Sheffield as a tech/instructor (ESC - don't get excited).

Currently skiing 15 days a year (2 weeks, one w/end). Mostly to be found cruising reds and blues with one 'hard' run a day perhaps - i.e something black, or with moguls, or taken at top speed just for the hell of it....techique very lazy, very one footed - just lean and wait for the turn...Starting to expand my comfort zone a little now (rest of the group has learnt to ski so spending more time off the blues!) so something that will go off-piste and will hold well at high speed needed...

Any advice (including for different skis entirely) appreciated...If I really do need to test them first then I'll be in LDA over xmas if anyone has any cheap shop recommendations

Thanks in advance,

aj xx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajhainey wrote:

I want to upgrade from my 168cm 02/03 rossignol t powers as they are hard work to intitate on, not that stable, uninspiring at speed and require more skill than I have to grip properly on ice...And from the way they flex/vibrate at speed . . .

This description is consistent with not being able to pressure the front of the ski properly. I would have your boot fit and your posture in them checked first.

Oh, and welcome!

PS: Haven't tried either of the skis, sorry, but I used to really like the old grey/orange T-Power Vipers in that exact length for 190lbs.

PPS: http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=31215&highlight=Izor
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmm - I guess I should be clearer - I'm perfectly capable of making them work (and yes, it does require getting forward over than and making them work - I'm impressed you could figure that out from my rather short description) although I still find them to be very soft and unresponisve at speed (maybe I settle back in the last part of the turn??)- but it takes too much effort to be fun, it's not my chosen style....I'm a lazy skier and I'd like a ski that compensates for that - I know they exist as I've had much better (for me) ones before, just wondered which of the current ones was most likely to fit the bill - I'm sure there must be something that is intended for high speed passive skiing? Or do I need to give in and hit the gym?

I know there is no such thing as a ski you CAN'T use, or that WON'T do something - it's just a case of how easy it is to make it do it, and whether you have suffcient skill/strength to make it happen - so it's never a case of HAVE to upgrade merely that I WANT to upgrade Very Happy

Cheers for the answer!

aj xx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Attiva 5 Star and Stockli Laser Cross come to mind, but the Izor does have a significant advantage in the ability to reposition the bindings forward without much fuss.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Equipe 10SC requires next to nothing to make turn, and won't punish you for mistakes. Feels a little light above about 30 mph, but will still respond quite well up to about 40.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajhainey,

Which Zeniths are you talking about? They are a range of skis.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't know as decathlon are not offering any further details and have now withdrawn them...However problem solved - they have some of last years C9s (repackaged as a 'decathlon special edition beta puls magnesium') for £169 so I'm going to go for those, and hope they really are based on the C9 and not, say, the C7 as I really enjoyed a pair of C9s I tried last season...

The izors are very, very light though (and scarily fat to my eyes) which would be nice for carting around on ski weekends - I'll maybe try and pick up a pair in the end of season sales....

I have no idea how fast I actually go Ghost - will take the gps with me this year and find out Happy Pretty slow by most folks standards I expect although these last few years I do seem to do more overtaking than being overtaken....

aj xx
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajhainey wrote:
Don't know as decathlon are not offering any further details and have now withdrawn them...However problem solved - they have some of last years C9s (repackaged as a 'decathlon special edition beta puls magnesium') for £169 so I'm going to go for those, and hope they really are based on the C9 and not, say, the C7 as I really enjoyed a pair of C9s I tried last season...

If I'm looking at the correct ski on the Decathlon site, they have the same dimensions as the C9s (and C8s) in last year's Atomic spec sheet i.e. for a 160cm, 104-64-96 radius=13. The C7 160 (listed as 158) spec was 108-72-98 radius=15.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yep - thats what I found...I think it's worth the risk they are in fact watered down somehow - TBH I doubt I'm good enough to tell the difference between C8/9 anyway Confused aj xx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey, Ghost good to see ya here.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ajhainey, it is interesting. Your description on your ski level fits me perfectly.
And after the last skiing in April I bought myself a C9 (160 cm R13) on a season-end sale in Austria.
I hope I chose the right ski for myself.
I am excited to use them first in December.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here's hoping they are good then! I'm going out over xmas and will try and remember to report back...Let me know how you find them when you get a chance to try them snowHead aj xx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy