Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reasonably cheap piste orientated skis (for BASI)

Poster: A snowHead
flowa, Agreed. However the total "normalised" ski length in front of the boot toe (or indeed infront of the boot centre line for that matter) will not be more than 4 inches (10 cms), possibly at most 4 and 3/4 inches (12 cms) depending on where he mounts his bindings at the mo. Without some testing, Elston's hoops may just be inside his head!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kieranm, you'll need an awful lot more fitness for L2 compared to L1, imagine a day of skiing hard, performance longs & shorts , where you are out of breath after each run, then the trainer casually mentioned 4-5 moguls runs down a red run and we are done......

I was doing circuits once a week, spinning twice a week and hockey training and/or a hockey game in the 3 months prior to my L2 and was still knackered on a few days.....There was one guy in our group who wasn't as fit, it was noticeable on the bumps and variables especially if he couldn't do a "full" run without pause occasionally
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, understood, but I'm comfortable that my current fitness would be good enough for that; it's going beyond it that I start to get worried!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kieranm, ah ok, makes sense...these guys do a punishing fitness schedule aimed at L3 upwards..... I think James posted something on here about it, maybe a year ago though??

https://www.facebook.com/JJCeurotest?directed_target_id=2229930825
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had a few injure out on my L2 , two weeks of performance skiing will require a decent level of general fitness, even more so at L3 and very skiing specific fitness is required for the L4 technical I am told. Fitness, strength, agility and flexibility is paramount.TTPPE
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, I've been discussing this with jjc_james and will be working through a cut-down version of their fitness schedule to see how I get on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kieranm, interesting, is that publicly available??

I pulled a calf muscle on my l2 which meant I missed a whole day and skied the 2nd half on pain killers!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, not publicly available as far as I know, but you could ask jjc_james if you're interested.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman wrote:
Elston, Let me know when you want to have a test and I'll bring them to Hemel, what boot size are you?

Thanks mate. Its 307mm. Will be about next sunday to give telemarking a bash but i will be at hemel quite a bit when I get my crd check sorted. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elston, Pretty much same size as me so no problem trying them, I'm not about this Sunday, but can do most evenings to suit, just let me know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well that's a pretty good excuse to ski after work. Very Happy I will pm you when I am going to be about.

Much to flowa's dismay I just picked up some fks 14 bindings to add to the collection for £150. Just couldn't leave them behind. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elston, Find something you are comfortable on, doing the stuff you need to do for Level 2.

When I did mine we had 21 candidates; good portion were on de-tuned SL's (Salomon 24hrs); couple on Full SL's, a couple on Atomic ST's, a couple on white Salomon Tornado's; plus a few other things; all piste oriented. No twin tips!

Widest underfoot was the Tornado's; narrowest the full SL's; all between chin and top of head length wise.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elston, If you are quick............. Sally 3V Powerline LAB in 165 cms ... with what looks like S614 bindings..........
Ebay.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Salomon-Race-Skis-165-/281153856804?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item4176136524#ht_83wt_1170

The guy wants a Buy-it-Now for £160.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nah there's some BBRs up on that link for £375 Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, Too bad.............. someone wink has put a bid on them, £70 at the mo! Too slow Elston, I bet these bad boy SL skis go for a shed load more than £160 now!
snow report
skimastaaah, not the most ideal ski to do a BASI course on though. Bit of a one trick pony.
latest report
Spyderman, Agreed, .......... I was thinking of the "reasonably cheap", and put together scooby_simon,'s observations on his L2 course. Especially if indoors a half decent SL ski is going to work. If he's wanting a decent ski then why is he deliberating on your i.Titans. These should have been bought by Elston by now!! Shock
ski holidays
skimastaaah, thanks for the link. I really appreciate people sharing potential bargins!

I am procrastinating because I know that I could do the course on my current skis and be absolutely fine. So, there is no real hurry to buy. If the trainer had a few words then I would rent something else. At the moment the issue is money. I am just about to book a weeks instruction with snoworks or skivolution for myself and flowa. Then the level 2 for next year. Although, the titans really are a bargin at that price if I am only going to have one piste ski I would prefer to get exactly the right one and wait as long as next summer. I am really looking forward to trying them but if another snowheads chips in an buys them in the meantime then great for them!

fatbob wrote:
Nah there's some BBRs up on that link for £375 Laughing

Lol. Just yesterday I was joking that I should do the basi course with snoworks on BBRs. Just for giggles. If any snowheads wants to donate their BBRs I would be up for it Very Happy
snow conditions
Elston, the chap who turned up on my L2 with BBRs didn't ski on them past day 3 I seem to remember............
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Elston, the chap who turned up on my L2 with BBRs didn't ski on them past day 3 I seem to remember............

Haa; forgot one of the guys on my L2 turned up on BBR's; lasted the first morning! Went and rented some 24's.
snow report
scooby_simon wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Haa; forgot one of the guys on my L2 turned up on BBR's; lasted the first morning! Went and rented some 24's.

Our first 3 days it snowed virtually non stop!! the mountain was shut one morning so we had to kick out a small area to do central theme on, so it didn't really matter what you were on, actually was waist deep on piste one morning!!
snow conditions
177 iTitan now sold, 163 still available.
ski holidays
Spyderman, it was criminal that they hadn't been sold sooner at that price! Very Happy

Coincidentally, I saw a bargain last night and grabbed it. I have ordered some Head Magnum 170s from 12/13. Bit shorter at 170 so better for Hemel and a bit narrower than anything else I have. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Elston, good ski for you at your size and weight, no excuses now Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy