Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Switzerland expensive?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

£300 for 6 days

Hmm. That is pretty expensive - not much more than £200 in the Espace Killy or St Anton (though of course there are cheaper passes in all three countries - those are all top resorts).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coddlesangers wrote:
halfhand wrote:
Where in Switzerland?

Actually when we were in Verbier last year dining out in the evening wasn't too horrendous I think around £100 for four inc.wine. Although lunch on the mountain was similar. However, there is a certain Indian restaurant in Nyon which is eyewateringly expensive (name escapes me) but nearer the £200 for four with a couple of beers each.

The sultan, why oh why oh why would you eat there? Massively over priced and shite

I wasn't paying Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ask Oprah, 35,000.00 for a hand bag.

The Swiss shop assistant did not like the look of her so refused to show her.

DM source so not probably accurate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Filthyphil30k, seemed unlikely to me. If the shop was really that snotty they wouldn't have even let her cross the threshold. Cheap PR shot i reckon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B, that's pricey. Even 4 Vallees only 355 chs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
Filthyphil30k, seemed unlikely to me. If the shop was really that snotty they wouldn't have even let her cross the threshold. Cheap PR shot i reckon.

Seemed entirely believable to me, based on personal experience in luxury goods shops in Switzerland - no doubt happens elsewhere too - that the salesperson assumed the customer could not afford the £25k bag and tried to show her different, cheaper bags instead.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I worked for a 'luxury goods' shop in the Rue du Rhone in Geneva years back and in my experience it's the scruffiest looking people who are the ones that spend, the people that 'dress up' to go shopping tend not to.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where Switzerland does beat France for lift passes is with junior reductions. Up to about 21 I think at Zermatt. In France it's generally adult price from 14.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swissie, based on your experience, why do you think the salesperson assumed someone looking/behaving like Oprah Winfrey couldn't afford the bag?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting article on the price difference of Zermatt passes bought in Switzerland and Italy (knicked from WTF Ski Club on FB)

Quote:
Six Day Cervinia – Zermatt Pass Nearly £100 Less If Accessed From Italian Side

Quote:
International tickets purchased in Italy cannot be used departing from Switzerland at the beginning of the day, say the T&Cs

Quote:
However prices for children are lower most of the time, if purchased on the Swiss side.

http://www.inthesnow.com/news/six-day-cervinia-zermatt-pass-nearly-100-less-if-accessed-from-italian-side//
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
miranda, Goodness knows, sometimes the attitude of some of these 'sales' people beggars belief, but if this is as true as it reads, then I really thought this sort of thing had been left in the late 80's and early 90's, some of these assistants could be SO snotty then. I remember one lovely guy who came into the showroom looking like he'd just ploughed a field and he spent a fortune.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy