Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Womens snowboard boots - which to buy???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm thinking of treating myself to a new pair of womens snowboard boots (I'm an intermediate all mountain rider.......no park!). At present I have Northwave Dahlia boots (mid range flex rating 5) but think it's time for a change - a narrow fitting boot will be no good to me. Anyone have comments/recommendations on Burton boots? (I prefer the ones with the speed lacing system not the boa ones)
Thanks in advance for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go and try some on, what works for my daughter (Vans Hi Standards) may be to you the worst boots ever and what works for you her idea of the worst boots! Everyones foot is different and while less so with snowboard than ski boots still on the reliable way of finding what is comfortable is to stick your feet in them!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply, yeah I know the best way is to try them on but I live miles away from any large town let alone a snowboard boot shop and when is see so many sales on the internet......it's very tempting Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Echo the 'try them on' suggestion, best way, if I'd just orderd a park of women's boots in my size I'd have had no luck, I've always ended up in men's boots due to them being wide and a size 8. Where do you live, can often be surprising when people come up with small Indy shops you may not know that are close to you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live in mid Wales.....my feet can be a bit on the wide side and I hadn't really thought about mens boots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trying on is the only way. Don't be tempted by the ' Northwave fitted last time, they'll fit again' train of thought because manufacturers sometimes change their last shapes.

If you're in Wales how about a trip to the Tamorth snowdome, 2/3 hours drive plus a shop so make a day out out of it?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whereabouts in mid Wales? Sail and Ski in Shrewsbury will be closer than Tamworth?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Salomon Moxie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies - I did go to Sail and Ski in Shrewsbury last Saturday....and guess what.... they didn't have a single boot in my size Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
iNorthFace, You may find that with lots of UK shops at this time of year if your feet are average sort of size. They tend to get their years supply in late summer/early autumn and once they are gone that it is it till next year.
If there is a Decathlon in striking distance (Wednesbury?) you might get lucky there, The Nottingham one certainly had a decent selection left when I was in a couple of weeks ago.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
iNorthFace, Sad indeed! Looks like you might have to spend a day in Tamworth. In which case you might as well take the rest of you kit and have a play.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i bought mine just over a week ago and must have tried at least 10 pairs on!

the ones i went for in the end were nike vapens, it is true not all sizes fit the same! some i couldnt even get my foot in!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy