Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia: Food price and accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, the summer warmth is annoying me and all I can think of is the next skiing holiday. I've had my eyes set on Cervinia for quite some time, mostly because the skiing is supposed to be easy enough for kids and beginner wife. Besides, flights and car rental seem cheap enough.

Now I'm considering getting accommodation with half-board, because of convenience, but I'm also interested in prices, so I'm comparing half-board to eating out. So what can I expect to pay on average for two adults & two children eating out? Not too shabby, not too fancy, just a decent meal including wine for the grown-ups and ice cream for the little ones.

Also, any opinions on Hotel Breuil?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiingDad, Stayed there many years ago, very convenient for the gondola, but the food was rubbish - may well have changed considerably since then.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SkiingDad, some friends of mine stayed in Hotel Breuil and had the same verdict as holidayloverxx. There are plenty of much nicer affordable hotels in Cervinia. Eating out and on the mountain is good value too. Perfect place for beginners and intermediates, many of the runs are very wide and flatteringly easy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been to Cervinia twice and stayed in the Hotel Mon Reve. We've always been half board, but from walking through the town there seems to be a decent enough choice for dinner.

I can highly reccomend the Mon Reve, we're going back again in Feb 2014
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bummer on the Hotel Breuil... Any info on Chateau des Dames? Seems to be affiliated.

I'm not that keen on H/B but wife thinks it's brilliant for dining tired kids and she has a point.

mckeann, Mon Reve seems nice, but is a bit out of the way, though?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed in breuil other year, nice rooms and location but yes food rubbish. Ended up eating out a few evenings as didnt fancy the options. Previously stayed at compagnoni which is b and b only but v nice and you can eat out cheaply enough
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the Astoria is right next to the Main Gondola, recently refurbished ; food is Ok ; down side is - it is a STEEP walk uphill from the main resort
Crystal have a Club Hotel called the Petit Palais (same area as Astoria) ; Good position for gondola, but club hotel means food can be 'iffy' !!!

I stayed at the Breuil about ten years ago and food was good.........!?!

There are plenty of places for eating out, with a variety of prices - posh restuarant to pizza cafe type places

(think i might have just talked myself into going back nxt year !!! Smile )

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 12-08-13 21:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mon reve is up above the main town, but they offer a free land rover driver service to take you up and down to the town in the evening. It's only a 10 minute walk if you want the exercise Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We did our research and took a punt on Hostel des Guides. Being run by Inghams this season and last - there were some shocking reviews from previous management but I think it has been sorted since. It is chalet board, and prices were pretty competitive when we booked. And it is right on the slopes from what I can see.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stayed at the Hostel des Guides a few years ago. B & B, the accommodation was fine but the breakfast was very poor. Very close to the snow, over a bridge just up the road, followed by a short walk to the first lift, 2 min walk if you take your time. Almost ski in ski out, but not quite.
snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiingDad, I read the thread title and instantly thought "i'll have to say avoid the Brueill like the Plague - the food is without a doubt the worst I've been served", but it looks like someone beat me to it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg, Very Happy Yup, the Breuil is definitely off the map now.

We're actually looking at Hotel Perruquet at the moment. We've received a decently priced offer. Only B&B, which is perfect for me. It's quite central and I like the freedom to choose a restaurant daily.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have stayed at both the Breuil and the Petit Palais with Crystal. The Breuil was without doubt one of the most depressing hotels we have ever stayed in and the food was dreadful and nearly put us off Cervinia forever. However a week at the Petit Palais changed all that - great food great staff and good position, fab. And my sister was there last year and still as good. (And the Crystal deal was all inclusive Smile Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy