Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2013 / 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Just off to Heathrow now for a week...perfik timing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was amused to hear the guy on Radio Les Arcs this morning, talking about the fantastic conditions in La Plagne - except glacier closed all day - recommending that people use the lovely slopes down to Montchavin & take the Vanoise over to ski in Peisey Vallandry Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wolski - hope you are staying in La Plagne and not Heathrow for the week. snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
Sunday morning, and still snowing! snowHead
Was woken at 6am by explosions - never known them start that early.
It's cold out there. Light flakes drifting down. And trees heavy with snow.
Could be a jolly day snowHead

Excellent news Jonpim am now sitting in gva airport awaiting transfer to 1800. Just a pity that I have missed today but no doubt will be fun tomorrow too!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
genepi wrote:
I was amused to hear the guy on Radio Les Arcs this morning, talking about the fantastic conditions in La Plagne - except glacier closed all day - recommending that people use the lovely slopes down to Montchavin & take the Vanoise over to ski in Peisey Vallandry Laughing Laughing

Probably because of the World cup events in Plagne Centre which are live on Eurosport Sky channel 411 at the mo Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
View from my window this morning.

And just looked out (while taking chilled wine off the window-sill) to see its still snowing snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Where is this?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, looks like plagne 1800, the lift is the one that takes you up to aime and towards Monty and la Roche
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C, +1 snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow all the way down the valley to Aime!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roger C and boredsurfin are correct: that is the view from Grand Tetras across to the 1800 lift with Chaperon Rouge restaurant in centre of pic just below the trees.
A little snow still trickling down now, and obviously been snowing in the night coz the roads are white again.

Impressed there is snow all the way down to Aime.
But you need to be careful out there when venturing off-piste - the snow cover in some places is deceptively shallow: very easy to damage you skis.
Or get sent flyiing when you hit rocks.
Like when we skied down through the trees to the left of the Bauches lift - fun, but dodgy in places.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah - don't worry - I didn't ski all the way to Aime - we live in the valley Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Posted over on the Les Arcs thread. Relevant here as spent most of the day in La Plagne.

Away earlyish today as of to La Plagne. Down to Marmotte, up Arcabuelle and then flew down to Peisey. The run from top of Transarc to Peisey is great fun this morning and in wonderful condition. The snow is holding beautifully down to Peisey. Across Vanoise, decided to skip the run to Montchavin, so across to Les Coches, and sat on some very cold lift before we got a ski to Belle Plagne. Took the short cut onto the Roche bubble, did Inversions and then stopped fro a coffee at the place at the top of Inversions and Les Sources. We always stop there for coffee.

Photo taken from there. Aime 2000 in the distance.

Then did Les Sources (the icy wall of death was in great condition, sadly ) Sad Laughing ). Back to Plagne Bellecote and down to 1800 and then up a lift and a quick ski down to La Roche. Made our way back to Vanoise but stopped for a sandwich on the side of Pierre Blanche. Took this photo. Gives a great idea of conditions Peisey/Vallnadry side. Snow La Plagne was in fabulous condition.

You can see snow lined trees the whole way down. Peisey bottom middle, Vallandry slightly left and middle upper left Arc 1800. Not back for end of March.

Back over the Vanoise and acorss to Transarc via Derby, took Plagnette from top of Transarc and stopped in doughnut for a Vin Chaud. In then, we were a bit tired. the sun was out a lot today but still very, very cold. This is great as it is protecting the snow. We skied today, so nice to get on skis after a few days boarding, makes you realise how much easier or less tiring skiing is. However snowow forecast tonight and tomorrow so can see us boarding then.

Bath, beer and shopping now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glorious day here in La Plagne. Hot sunshine means spring conditions, obviously (well, it is spring....). Bev and I made a lateish start as she has to conserve her joints etc and we waited for the hrd freezeand corduroy to soften. Down to 1800 a couple of times and then over Bergeries to get over to the Champagny side. As that is the sunny side, it can be icy early on, but it was superb. We enjoyed the fast blues under the Rossa chair before lunching at the top of Roche de Mio. Took Bev back to Graciosa for ice-packs etc and went off alone to examine Verdons. Only slushy at the bottom. Great piste skiing.
I don't think any blacks are open (as if I shoud care!) and off piste is probably off the menu, but if you like spring piste skiing in the sun, you cannot go wrong.

I have request fro a friend who is out here a lot to go over to les Arcs tomorrow. Weather should stay the same for a day or two.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been up to the glacier today. Some cloud early on which disappeared. Another great day's piste skiing. High cloud now. plenty of breaks in it. No brown runs yet.

Laughing
snow report
Chris Bish, great you and Bev are having good time.
There are a few brown runs around if you go down to Montchavin/Les Coches or Montalbert, but nothing to worry about.
Today was t-shirt skiing once the clouds drifted away - we had a birthday party at the top of Grizzly in Les Arcs

Tomorrow a number of us are "competing" in the SCGB Dual Slalom.
Why don't you come along - our Team is The Monty Python Women:

rolling eyes
ski holidays
We will be there. Cloudy here at present and Bev has a very swollen knee, so not rushing out. It was very warm overnight so I expect the snow to be a bit soft. Cloud base is very high and looks to be clearing from the south.

snowHead
latest report
Stayed cloudy all day with a bit of wind at altitude so the glacier was closed when I went over that way this morning. Down to La Roche was not very pleasant. Cloud cover meant the pistes stayed a bit harsh all day.
Watched the Ski Club slalom this afternoon and pleased to report our lads from the chalet came 3rd. Unsurprisingly, and deservedly, Jonpim's, team won the best fancy dress prize.

Still plenty of skiing to be had. And good skiing too.

snowHead
ski holidays
Blue skies and scattered high cloud here today. Think the Champagny side will be nice about 11. Might go glacier.... Beer in the sun about 4. Oh, it's hell out here. You had better all cancel!

wink
latest report
A cloudy day today with a little rain early on. Pistes still fine, if heavy, but I skied all day and enjoyed it. Some runs are starting to get a bit brown now, but there is still plenty of good piste skiing to be had if you are coming out for the Easter holiday.

snowHead
snow conditions
Do we need a new 14-15 La Plagne thread or are we going to keep going with this one?

Either way the snow has arrived! Good covering higher up and a dusting down pretty low - raining at valley floor level. Winter's on it's way!!
snow conditions
@Snow and Sunshine, done Very Happy
latest report
merci merci
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy