Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canazei for the family? Opinions please.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello again,
Having come back a successful trip to Morzine this half term, I'm now planning next year! Thanks for helping with my questions last time... this year I fancy somwhere different. We diy'd it this year but hubby doesn't want to drive and I don't really want to cook this year. I've found a Crystal chalet in Canazei in March that fits our budget and although it looks great, I don't know anything about the resort or the skiing. The reviews ive seen look good. We like cruisey reds so think it will fit our type of skiing but its the children I'm not sure about. Is there only one ski school in Canazei and what are they like? Will we be able to take them off after lessons to somewhere they are comfortable with? They are 8 and 5.. with one week each, both are confident but the little one has only done esf kindergarten whereas our daughter was doing the blues and a red in error in morzine this year by the end of the week. Is it a good family resort, with plenty for all? Any other cheap accom / package suggestions would also be appreciated.... so far I've priced this up at £2600 all in. Many thanks in advance Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 30-07-13 21:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MrsCnP, do you mean Canazei?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MrsCnP, do you mean Canazei? I can't offer an opinion on the resort but £2600 all in for a family of 4 at half term sounds like a very good deal to me and Italy should be a fair bit quieter than France at that time too Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
x post with pam w Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lol... yes I do! Not sure how I managed that one! Sorry! Its not half term this time though, We are going to take the kids out of school so its early March.
N.b... now edited so I don't look too much of a fool Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

We are going to take the kids out of school so its early March.

that's peak holiday time still in France, so heading to Italy would probably make sense. Can't help on Canazei though I remember always fancying a trip there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Main Canazei Belvedere ski area is just one large plateau mostly perfect for beginners. A bit like Les Gets Chavannes area but 20x larger. Or possibly even larger than that. It may be red on the map, but 80% of it is blue.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But we'd still get a decent ski when the children weren't with us, yes?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes. There is way more beyond that main Belvedere area, in both directions (much of that also good beginner terrain). And even more beyond that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget that the rest of the Val Di Fassa is easily accessible from Canazei. The area between Alba and Pozza is only 10 mins on the free bus (less than that if you stay in some of the Crystal chalets) and most of that area is fairly gentle, excepting the easy black down from Alba, though you can use the gondola to avoid it if you don't fancy it.

Which chalet are you looking at? Some of the Canazei chalets are actually in Canazei town, and others are further up the road towards Alba so you get the free bus to the main Belvedere lift, if that matters to you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Canazei has only one main lift out of the resort and one piste to get you back to the village -- that's a minus point. Plus points are -- it is a cheap resort for skiing the Sella Ronda ; a free ski bus runs up and down the valley ; Alba, just five minutes up the valley, provides a quiet, snow-sure bowl perfect of families.

there are plenty of posts re Sella Ronda/Dolomites and its resorts -- just a couple for u Smile

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100545

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98749
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy