Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La tania snowboard lessons for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all
So I'm thinking ahead here. We are off to la tania in January and next month I am taking the kids to get a taste of snowboarding at the chile factory so if they decide they like it, we will obviously require lessons for them when we get to la tania. I have been looking at the la tania website at the various companies. Whilst there are kids and adult lessons for skiing, there doesn't seem to be kids snowboarding group lessons. Would the kids just be classed as adults? They are 13&15 so it wouldn't be a problem for me if they were in a lesson with adults but not sure how the adults would be ie would they feel they should be in kids lessons. Anyway I've looked at esf snowboarding lessons but all of their lessons are bang smack in the middle of the day between 11.30&1.30 which will make it hard for us to go any distance as we will end up having to rush back to get the kids. Would the only option be to get them private lessons? Does anyone know roughly how much these will cost? Will they still need the same amount of private hours as they would doing group hours? Most of the ones that I looked at only offered kids ski group lessons
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi polo99
We were in LT last Jan and one the group was a snowboarder. We had difficulty in arranging any group lessons for snowboarding as it's technically low season. If you're staying in a chalet I'd ask the owners to help out with arranging; they were helpful for us. What they did for us was contact all of the schools for us and find out availability and add us to their lists. As you say it's probably a bit early to be booking and you'll have better luck a bit closer to the time, as the schools will hopefully have other interested parties and then be able to run a course. I think they usually want four as a minimum of the same ability to run the course. The schools will refer enquiries to other schools if it helps with numbers. Also, you might want to have a look at booking at Courchevel or La Praz, or even possibly Meribel as they're bigger resorts and may have better availability. They're all within 10mins in the car, so doable if you're hiring a car. Saying all that, we ended up booking private lessons as there wasn't a suitable group lesson being run anywhere in LT, Courchevel, or Meribel during the week we were there last season.
To answer your other questions, it's either checking all the schools individually (time consuming) or get someone else to do it (chalet owners) which is much easier Happy
Anyway, hope that helps
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hey pickford, Im not staying in a chalet, Im staying in a privately owned apartment and the owner lives in the UK. I think new gen offer lessons during the morning albeit a lot more expensive than esf. We just had the kids take a snowboard lesson at the dry slope and they loved it. so much so we have booked a private 2nd lesson for them next week and me and the hubby are also going to give it a go, although I am sure I wont like it or be able to master it - old dog, new tricks etc, but I suppose I have to give it a go so I can say I tried it. Whatever the case, Im going to get us lessons this time as I think my confidence has been totally shot from this year's holiday, a mix of me being totally unfit, putting weight on, and just the total wrong choice of resort. that together with all the bad habits I have picked up over the years. I dont think I would fancy having to drive to another village to do the lessons though because half of the reason for picking la tania was so we could ski in ski out lol.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey. I've never heard of specific adult or child snowboarding lessons, as you would with skiing. With children 13 and 15 they'd probably count as adults with most schools anyway. New Gen do offer group lessons for snowboarding and because Jan is a quiet month you might well find that your children would be the only ones in a grp - a cheap private lesson essentially. Normally any snowboarding adults are pretty young anyway so I wouldn't worry about them being in an adult group. New Gen and the other international schools charge more because the lessons are in English and groups small. You get what you pay for!

In terms of driving to other resorts, there is a free bus in CVL/LaT which takes you to all the other levels regularly. One thing I would say is that La Tania isn't the best place for a beginner snowboarder as the runs are a bit tricky so you might want to start the lessons in 1850 where there is a really good beginner area with a magic carpet, great for beginner boarders.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to update I did lessons on the dry slope with hubby. As predicted I didn't like it but hubby did so he and kids are going to have lessons and I'm going to have ski lessons. My dilemma now is if I go back to a resort I know have true cruisy blues for them to practice on or go somewhere we haven't been like la tania. I still haven't paid deposit for accommodation. . I'm thinking les saisies and have already emailed them and they said they could probably sort out an English speaking tutor for us. I'm really in two minds now as to where to go. At least going to les saisies there are a lot of different runs ina bowl and I know it's a lovely safe cruisy place to be. It's just a case of the unknown with la tania, especially when they are just learning
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is really nothing wrong with La Tania for beginner boarders, especially with the new lift that has gone in this year taking away the flat part to get over to Courchevel. If you have had a lesson or two you will master the drag lift on the nursery slope.. once up the mountain I would just avoid the green down to resort as boarders need gradient.. so take the blue instead.

For lessons also check out RTM in Courchevel or Magic in La Tania.. however many people find that once they have mastered turns then lessons are really not that important...

Best of luck Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy