Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4x4s driving to the Alps are the worst litterers.

Poster: A snowHead
Who is this prat. Well meaning but a total prat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23374229
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes he is a prat. But not as big a prat as the DVLA friend rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmotte16 wrote:
Yes he is a prat. But not as big a prat as the DVLA friend rolling eyes
Yes - which one is most likely to lose their job over this?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23409742

Silly old sod.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, I agree. But I also despise people who throw litter from their cars.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marmotte16 wrote:

Same man.. Why do it? Just have a bin in your car until you pull over and find a bigger bin.
Disrespectful! Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well meaning hereditary peer, possibly slightly confused in his narrative (ie I don't think he has a mate on DVLA who slips him telephone numbers - don't remember giving DVLA any telephone numbers!). But his point (din't chuck litter from cars) is absolutely sound!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marmotte16 wrote:

I also despise them, but wouldn't dream of such sweeping generalisations as its mainly people going skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob wrote:
marmotte16 wrote:

I also despise them, but wouldn't dream of such sweeping generalisations as its mainly people going skiing.

Nah, just those who go skiing by driving in 4x4s... Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eh, I'd have left him too it... I hate people throwing litter from their cars, it's the absolute epitome of laziness.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 23-07-13 9:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nozawaonsen, thank God we drive a non 4x4 estate Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Obviously back tracking after dropping his "DVLA friend" in it.. Him saying the interpretation was "press speculation" is a bad faith at the very least..
I hope they do an enquiry nonetheless..

And I do hope they pass a law allowing people littering from cars to be fined. Although I doubt it will be enforced much..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just curious.

Quote:
Lord Selsdon said: "Some of the most badly behaved now are British families in large 4x4s driving to the Alps to ski.

How can he tell the vehicle will be driven to the Alps to ski? and the same families do not litter if skiing in Scotland?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe the skis on the roof rack heading towards the French Alps with GB plates? But I really wouldn't take what he said that seriously. I think he was just (misguidedly) trying to add some colour to make his point (that chucking litter out if cars is not a good thing to do). I would be astonished if the friend in the DVLA existed (even more so if they were able to pass on phone records which the DVLA themselves do not have access to). As for wasting money on an inquiry, that would be utterly pointless.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

phone records which the DVLA themselves do not have access to

Certainly not in all cases, but for some they do have and keep contact phone numbers when provided by Joe Public and the number is increasing on a daily basis.
latest report
Sounds a bit of a prat to me.

Anyway. 99% of litter thrown from cars is almost certainly going to be ciggy butts or Maccy D's packaging, and most likely not by the 4x4 Skiing in the Alps social class.
snow conditions
andy wrote:
Sounds a bit of a prat to me.

Anyway. 99% of litter thrown from cars is almost certainly going to be ciggy butts or Maccy D's packaging, and most likely not by the 4x4 Skiing in the Alps social class.

yeah, they only throw out £50 notes and the wrapping from Cartier watches.
ski holidays
Given that DVLA seem pretty free and easy with sharing Registered Keepers' details with Private Parking Companies to help them make various speculative and aggressive threats (including debt collection RED LETTERS) without any sound legal basis, I'd be a bit concerned if they were passing on private phone numbers.
latest report
fatbob, quite. Any old sh itbag can apply for this, and the DVLA pockets the money. Hooray!
latest report
andy, actually that group are generally the most arrogant and dismissive. They just expect someone in the service sector to clear up after them.
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Given that DVLA seem pretty free and easy with sharing Registered Keepers' details with Private Parking Companies to help them make various speculative and aggressive threats (including debt collection RED LETTERS) without any sound legal basis, I'd be a bit concerned if they were passing on private phone numbers.
Red letters and chequered border too for some of them! Shocked
snow report
andersont, I'm really not sure that's true. When I get roped into helping clear the village verges of litter I reckon that 95% of the litter does NOT come from the higher socio economic groups. Fag packets, copies of The Sun, red bull cans, Lidll/Aldi bags, fast food wrappers etc. Do you have any evidence to back up your comment, or was it just prejudice?
ski holidays
Quote:

And I do hope they pass a law allowing people littering from cars to be fined. Although I doubt it will be enforced much.

There are already laws against littering - whether from cars or not - as is obvious from the state of most roads and town centres they are not enforced at all
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu wrote:
andersont, I'm really not sure that's true. When I get roped into helping clear the village verges of litter I reckon that 95% of the litter does NOT come from the higher socio economic groups. Fag packets, copies of The Sun, red bull cans, Lidll/Aldi bags, fast food wrappers etc. Do you have any evidence to back up your comment, or was it just prejudice?

I don't think it's fair to categorise people based on their social background. Some working class folk can be as courteous and conscious of environmental matters as you can imagine, others are complete slobs - the same goes for those of a higher socio economic class. It's just dumb people breeding dumber people, regardless of what income they have.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy