Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Junghotel Buchegg Saalbach Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
Just found out that my trip I am going on has been rearranged from one hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm to the Junghotel Buchegg in SH. Anyone been? Got any tips for a school party if you have been? Distance from shops for chocolate etc!?!
Any ideas, advice or knowledge great fully received. It looks a great place but want to know for sure.
Thanks Colt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buchegg is located on the Schattberg-Westgipfel slopes, just above the U-Bahn lift in Hinterglemm - so you're up on the mountain rather than down in Hinterglemm village. You'll need to purchase chocolate and drinks etc. in the village when you're down there, although the U-bahn gondola lift does run until 21.30 each evening so presumably you can use that to go shopping in the late afternoon, assuming that (as a school group) you're not allowed to ski down unsupervised.

If you Google it, you'll end up here >> http://buchegg.at/en/resort.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks quinton, I've not been anywhere near there before. I wonder can we presumably use our coach to get us about in the evening. As in, is there a proper access road in winter conditions? Really looking forward to it now! Any other info on the hotel or direct area outside it would be welcome everyone.
Thanks
Colt
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You won't be able to use your coach, for the resort's web site says that vehicles have to be left down in the valley. And that it's a 30 minute walk up to the hotel, though they do say they'll take the luggage. It does seem a little strange that a hotel expects its guests to walk for half an hour to reach them, so I'm not sure I'd believe that 100%. Let us know how you get on Laughing For details see here.

It does sound as though it will be great for the skiing (for those who can ski reasonably).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blimey espri that's a big walk! My wife and I are going to check it out at Christmas so I'll let you know the outcome. Looking forward to it already! Not heard much about Hinterglemm although I believe there is tobogganing like in Kitzbuhel this year. That was epic!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would ask about using the U-bahn gondola to get up and down from the hotel. I am assuming that you and the pupils will have 6-day or 7-day lift tickets, so these are valid on the U-bahn lift until 21.30. Obviously, most people will be riding up on the lift and skiing down the floodlit pistes, but as it's a standard gondola lift, there should be no technical reason why it cannot be used by pedestrians to ride up and down between the village and the hotel (unless they don't want you walking along the piste at the top to the hotel rather than using the road route - or unless the lift company has decided that they won't allow pedestrians).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy