Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski flights for Selva?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Have I missed the boat for cheap ski flights or is it too early for them to be released?
We have booked a DIY to Ortisei for Jan 11 th coming back Feb 8th.
We live in Cornwall , I thought there might be flights from Bristol but EJ don't fly on our dates (unless they are not out yet.
I've looked at Bolzano, Innsbruck and Verona

Airitalia (can take skis as hold luggage) fly to Bolzano from LHR which is an option but if anyone has any recommendations best and cheapest way to there with a load of kit i would be very grateful.
Also recommendations on cheapest transfers
I'm not being lazy searching, I've been at it for days but can't help feeling I've missed the obvious somewhere!
Thanks
Susie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We looked at transfers with these guys from Innsbruck Airport. €39 return is not bad. Seems they also do Verona and Bergamo to Selva/Val Gardena too.

http://www.terravision.eu/airport_services.html

Don't know if they're any good though, since it was a backup plan B that we didn't need to use in the end.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bristol to Innsbruck is listed as a route by easyjet, but the website isn't working properly tonight so I can't see the dates. You should normally be able to check a timetable though to see if your dates are covered. Not sure about Bristol, but Liverpool to Innsbruck always seems to sell out before I've booked my seat and Bristol may be a similar story, so if it works for you don't hesitate too much.

Otherwise, Venice airport (either) is similar distance to Verona so include them in your search. Bolzano is the closest I think, but I don't think anyone flies there from the UK. Using KLM to stop over in Amsterdam isn't too bad if you're pushed and should cost around £130 pp. You need to get creative with the packing though if you want to avoid hefty baggage fees.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are resigned to swallow the ski carriage fees , more important is an airport closer to us than Liverpool.
I have found Manchester to Innsbruck direct with Thomas Cook and trying Thompson flights tomorrow.
I was naive thinking there would be a glut of direct flights
Living in Cornwall see... Don't get out much!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
susieski, As andy said, Terravision do a transfer from Verona airport to Ortisei http://www.terravision.eu/dolomites_verona.html
I actually did that transfer with a group of friends last year. As it happened we had to wait several hours at Verona airport as the first coach had apparently broken down! Eventually when the replacement coach arrived we got on and then after he had been driving for about half an hour the driver pulled into a motorway service area for his 1 hour lunch break! Evil or Very Mad (well this is Italy Laughing ). However the return trip went on time without incident, so I guess we were just unlucky with the first transfer.
Some people have mentioned Venice airport - whilst it can be quite convenient for Arabba and the surrounding resorts as there is a transfer service run by Dolomitistars http://dolomitistars.dolomiti.org/index.cfm/transfer/ bear in mind that Ortisei and the Gardena Valley is on the other (North West) side of the Sella Ronda and AFAIK there is no transfer service there from Venice. You'll find that Innsbruck and Verona airports are better gateways for Ortisei.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BA LGW - Innsbruck has always seemed reasonable value to me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies all.
I've got a few options and the transfer info was particularly useful
Seems that I should book ASAP if I find something.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
susieski, sorry, I didn't mean for you to use Liverpool, just that I know the Innsbruck route from there sells out quickly. I don't know if that's the same situation in Bristol, but be aware that it might be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try:
http://www.skyscanner.net/

Stick in, say, Exeter and Innsbruck and your dates and, when it's found the prices, try the 'Flexible?' button. This allows you to try with different airports (and, if you want, dates) - try Bristol Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Marvellous
Just done the flexible sky scanner search,
Got Mans >Innsbruck direct for £378 rtn for 2 adults, all the baggage, ski bags.
Just a few more £s for LGW.
That seams very reasonable to me.
Should I book it now???
Other half thinks its too soon to book but I disagree!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
susieski wrote:
Marvellous
Just done the flexible sky scanner search,
Got Mans >Innsbruck direct for £378 rtn for 2 adults, all the baggage, ski bags.
Just a few more £s for LGW.
That seams very reasonable to me.
Should I book it now???
Other half thinks its too soon to book but I disagree!

For the most part cost of flights tend to go up the closer to travel. You do sometimes get EasyJet flighty sales etc but you have got no guarantee that your route will be on there or that thre dates will work. If it were me - yes book them. My hubby was saying that bOokin our Easter 2014 holiday in Jan 2013'was too soon. I was sure the price Would go up - so I went ahead and bOoked - yes the price did go up by £995!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just looked on the Easyjet timetable section for Bristol - Innsbruck. You have to keep clicking the arrow to get to January.
http://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/Bristol/Innsbruck

It looks like there are flights available and not too expensive, but that the route flies on Sundays rather than Saturdays.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all your helpful replies.
Woohoo booked Bristol /Innsbruck. Easy jet.
Just having to arrive/ leave a day early

Enjoy the sun.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
susieski, For info, the Terravision transfer timetable from Innsbruck for this previous winter (2012/2013) is here: http://33c02c0c79a58839e643-a32630085b8438528eb77418ce349b52.r18.cf3.rackcdn.com/files/2012/06/cadenzato_innsbruck2.pdf

I expect this year's timetable will be very similar.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy