Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy V's France......Bon Soire to Buona Serra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
saikee,

A few years ago, I, like franzClammer, valued mileage and i loved nothing more than ski safari every day, going to furthest point you can and back and covering the miles and notching up every single black run in resort you can. I am still partial to bit of that but i agree now that 250 km is perfect. Esp if you do a couple of days off-piste and obligatory family skis you will have more than enough to keep you going even if you ski hard.

I also would be slow to go back to 3V mainly because i think the "similar" resorts ie Tignes/Val d'Isere, Les Arcs etc provide much better quality skiing if not quantity (but still more than enough quantity)

But point i make is that one undeniable advan of 3V is you can stay really anywhere and everything is so well linked you can do most of your skiing somewhere completely else. If you are used to that you will be disappointed by resort not so well linked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franzClammer wrote:
I'm Intermidiot level. My vids are on here if you want to see me ski......Anyway

We like steeps, moguls, parks, anything really. Not off-piste yet. But cover lots of kms per day.

Steeps, moguls and parks... you're probably more advance than intermediate then. Say, advanced intermediate? Wink

All the focus on km of piste. But km's of... what?

I've been to 3V and Sella Ronda exact once, one week each. I was able to see loads and loads of moguls and steeps in 3V. I confess not seeing nearly as much of those in Sella Ronda.

It was only the very last day of my 1 week stay in Sella Ronda that I spotted a short section of mogul. Me and one other SH did that TWICE because that was the only one we found all week!

There're steeps in Sella Ronda but I can't say for sure how they compare to 3V. My 1 week impression is there're fewer of them and many are not as steep as in the 3V. Or it could be the Italians are so good at grooming they make steep piste easy! Smile

I don't do parks so can't say.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy