Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3rd ski holiday?

Poster: A snowHead
I've booked to go to Les Deux Alpes at the end of January and Bansko (cos its cheap and has a pool in the hotel) for March. However, one of the doctors in work has hired out a chalet for the beginning of January and I am one of the people she has asked (she is trying to get together a group of 14) - decisions decisions! Do you think I should go?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it is somewhere you would like to go to, you have enough leave, you can afford it, and you think you would get on with the rest of the party then yes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's skiing.

I doubt people are going to say don't go.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, if it becomes a group mainly made up of doctors, avoid. I went with a bunch of 'em once and by about the third day I wanted to kill ALL of them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
jb1970, if it becomes a group mainly made up of doctors, avoid. I went with a bunch of 'em once and by about the third day I wanted to kill ALL of them.

Why were they so bad?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
there's no such thing as too much skiing holidays (apart from when you're trying to payback the CC bills)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pamski wrote:
If it is somewhere you would like to go to, you have enough leave, you can afford it, and you think you would get on with the rest of the party then yes.

This!

Where are you going? wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It would be Val Thorens
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would go, they will probably all be drink by breakfast( only based on doctors I know)

Do you think you should not go?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Filthyphil30k wrote:
I would go, they will probably all be drink by breakfast( only based on doctors I know)

Do you think you should not go?

I just have reservations - its a lot of money (although could probably afford it, if I be careful and draw my horns in a bit) - I only know the girl who is organising it but don't know her that well. Might just take the chance and go, I mean, we are all there for the same reason, so it should be ok.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heck if I could have 3 skiing holidays I would. I only have 3 weeks off work each year, I'm saving up 2 of them so I can hopefully have 2 skiing holidays next season...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sometimes it can be better to go with a bunch of people you don't already know.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jb1970, Go, if you are worried about the leave you can always go sick wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
jb1970, Go, if you are worried about the leave you can always go sick wink Toofy Grin

Contrary to popular belief, I don't go off sick that often!
snow conditions
You know you want to. snowHead
latest report
jb1970, when you say "hired a chalet", what sort of arrangements? Catered? If it's self-catering and you are part of a "kitty" might be harder to control your spending. The most expensive ski holiday my sister ever went on was with friends who "had a place" in Kitzbuhel. Accommodation was free, but they spent a lot more than on their average holiday, even so. The friends had rather a lot of money (they sent a driver down with all the kit in a car, whilst they flew....). So big lunches, several expensive meals out and lot of expensive drinks were the order of the day.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
jb1970, when you say "hired a chalet", what sort of arrangements? Catered? If it's self-catering and you are part of a "kitty" might be harder to control your spending. The most expensive ski holiday my sister ever went on was with friends who "had a place" in Kitzbuhel. Accommodation was free, but they spent a lot more than on their average holiday, even so. The friends had rather a lot of money (they sent a driver down with all the kit in a car, whilst they flew....). So big lunches, several expensive meals out and lot of expensive drinks were the order of the day.

Its a catered chalet - Chalet Sequoia in Val Thorens
snow report
jb1970, that's good, as it will enable you to control your expenditure quite closely. If some of the party go out late and expensively drinking, you will almost certainly find some others staying in the chalet for a sociable evening with their duty-frees. Sounds like a good way to get to know some of your colleagues better, too.
ski holidays
jb1970,
I reckon you already know what you want here.

GO! And you'll get asked again next year. 3 ski holidays every year from now on
latest report
jb1970,
I stayed there last year (curiously at the same time as a load of Scotish surgeons...) - genuinely ski out and an arduous 25m walk back from the slopes.

Located at the top of 'bar street'. V comfortable chalet - would strongly recommend you go!!
latest report
I went with a bunch of teachers that I didn't know, we had a great time, I made some good friends, and next year we are all doing it again for the third time.
If your nervous of new people you can practise when you go to Bansko trying to make a Bulgarian smile wink
ski holidays
Sounds like fun . . . who do I apply to? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
snow report
jb1970, I wouldn't go if I were you. You will need to make all sorts of decision once you are there. 'Do I want another drink.' 'Will we stop for lunch now.' 'Should I have a pee or a poo.'

You know that isn't your strong point Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thornyhill, Toofy Grin

Get ready for the many threads of 'which piste should I ski next?' next Jan! Smile
ski holidays
abc, He won't go. He will still be wondering if he should ask us if it would be better to walk or fly when the aforementioned lady doctor tells him it is booked out. Must be related to having a snowHead name starting with J.....he isn't the only one Smile
ski holidays
go for it!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy