Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie or Nelson?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I spent last season in Whistler, and I really need to get out to a smaller resort with a great vibe, great pow, and less whistlerness! NehNeh
Im tossing up between fernie and nelson
I really like the sound of nelson, it sounds like a really nice town and whitewater sounds good too
Ive also heard good things about fernie

Personally Id rather nelson, the town itself sounds really chilled out and the mountain sounds good
my friend wants to go to fernie though for better job opportunities
Im just concerned fernie is just a mini whistler

Can somebody please let me know what they think of each if you have been to or even lived in both?
What you think of how the mountains compare, and how the living compares

thanks!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What didnt you like about Whistler?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoops, More going on in Nelson, great live music scene - folks travel there for a night out. Have been to all three and if I had to choose to go back Whitewater/Red would be it.

If you stay in Nelson and have transport( of maybe bus ) you can also ski Red Madeye-Smiley Whitewater will benefit from the new lift that went in making the area easier but theres no real resort as such. Red has also had some expansion but was beginning to start building houses etc in resort Sad Nelson is a town close to some skiing rather than a ski town, Fernie town was low key too compared to a resort like Whistler.

If you are working though it will depend on the work you want. I cant imagine theres much opportunity for on hill working, with the areas being small and plenty of local folk and other Canadians - but that doesnt mean dont try Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I spent a few months in Fernie some years back and prior to that a season a Whistler. Fernie is completely different to Whistler, there is really no comparison. Fernie is a town rather than a "ski resort" like Whistler. I cant imagine that Fernie has changed that much since I was there. It is much quieter on and off the field. It has a good vibe to it - more of a locals/long term seasonnaire feel. From what I have heard it is prob busier than Nelson. It is easier to get to the skiing in Fernie than in Nelson however. Probably more employment opportunities as well. I had a a great time in Fernie and would go back for sure. I wouldn't call it a mini whistler.

Enjoy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMG wrote:
I wouldn't call it a mini whistler.

Lots of Aussies , Brits, a fair few Scandis. Gets busy with big city weekenders. Best goods are accessed by traversing or OOB. Featured in Hollywood movies.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy