Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stand up for old age patrollers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some senior citizens have greater aspirations than free bus passes. A dynamic duo of ski patrollers at the US resort of Mission Ridge - Fred Lieberg (75) and Gordon Irle (72) - are still shovelling snow, driving bloodwagons and fixing piste problems when most pensioners are at the bingo. This report from today's Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

To put these hard-working oldies in perspective, though, I hasten to remind you of Ulrich Inderbinen, the Zermatt mountain guide who was still working at 95, last climbed the Matterhorn at 90, and recently celebrated his 103rd birthday in the village!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 29-03-04 13:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are reasons why some people live to be a ripe old age, and I think this might be one of them - forget Bertolli, go skiing!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David, I dont't want a free bus pass, I want my free lift pass.
Many ski resorts give free lift passes to vintage skiers. I am sure it used to be at 70, but this year I see the age has been raised to 72 in La Plagne. According to an earlier thread ("How Long Do You Have Left?") I'm off to meet my maker at 75, so only 3 years of free passes. Sad
I intend to snuff it in grand style while on a skiing trip. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, There's only one solution.... take early retirement, or perhaps, get your equivalence (sure there's always room for one more doctor in France!) and move to the Alps....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, Brilliant! And why not? Just need to learn the lingo, grow the moustache, and France - here I come! Very Happy
Of course, I'm such a woossy stuck-in-the-mud that it will never happen.
Shame. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't say that! The dream is what sustains us all, even if we know deep down inside that it's very unlikely. I am going to live life to the full and my free pass will be mine for many a year. I'm already planning and talking to Mrs B. and I actually believe she's listening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy