Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski market hit by child benefit reductions, although ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Launching his 2013-4 ski brochures yesterday, the CEO of Inghams/Ski Total/Esprit - Andy Perrin - made a number of interesting points:

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2007209&c=setreg&region=2

Quote:
The withdrawal of child benefit from 1.2 million households caused "a huge ripple" in family ski bookings last winter

Quote:
... the majority of Esprit clients didn't rely on the benefit "to put food on the table"

Certainly ... but perhaps not true of the chalet table!

Quote:
...the biggest challenge was the loss of the beginners market, which resulted in the operator dumping Bulgaria from the programme and halving its capacity to Andorra.

Quote:
Ski operators should benefit next winter from the decision by First Choice to exit the market, said Perrin, and he also questioned the future of Neilson following an announcement by parent Thomas Cook that the ski operator had made a £9.9 million loss last year.

Quote:
One of the challenges this coming winter is the "phenomenally " late Easter, which doesn't fall until April 20, by which time all but the highest resorts will probably be closed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Quote:
One of the challenges this coming winter is the "phenomenally " late Easter, which doesn't fall until April 20, by which time all but the highest resorts will probably be closed.

Erm earlier than 2011, a mere 2 and a bit years ago then when the world didn't end. Talk about whingers.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, that's right and schools break up 4th April
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose those families who fall outside the threshold will struggle to manage lifes little luxuries such as skiing holidays without an allowance set up initially to help prevent children starving.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Launching his 2013-4 ski brochures yesterday, the CEO of Inghams/Ski Total/Esprit - Andy Perrin - made a number of interesting points:

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2007209&c=setreg&region=2

Quote:
The withdrawal of child benefit from 1.2 million households caused "a huge ripple" in family ski bookings last winter

That strikes me as, how can I put this...

A load of bum-conkers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Pieholeo, I don't think bumconkers should have an apostrophe. Unless they are conkers which are considered to be of a lower grade than other conkers, in which case I will accept your slightly dubious hyphenation.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It spoonerizes to cum-bonkers.

Coincidence?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andy Perrin wrote:
"huge ripple"

Mr Pieholeo wrote:
"bum-conkers"

That's a bit unfair. I was thinking more "tidal wave" / "tsunami"
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More from the colourful world of tour operating:

Monarch, which has carried many skiers in recent years on its scheduled flights, has launched a Cosmos packaged ski programme for 2013-4.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2003958

Quote:
... initially to Germany, Austria and Switzerland on the back of new Monarch flights to Munich, Friedrichshafen and Innsbruck.
Resorts featured include UK favourites such as Zell Am See, Kaprun and Mayrhofen in Austria and lesser-known resorts such as Schlierse and Oberstdorf in Germany.

More on this ...

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/07/11/44648/cosmos+makes+strategic+move+into+ski+market.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy