Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New UK ski trade magazine to be launched on 24 September

Poster: A snowHead
This is being link-monkeyed at WTF Ski Club (the fastest-growing ski club on Grampian Road, Aviemore) ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/?fref=ts
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just had a call from a snowboarder (who has somehow joined WTF Ski Club) pointing out:

Quote:

"I see it's called SKI TRADE. Does that mean it'll have nothing about snowboards?"

Well, the publisher's email refers to editorial covering "... a wide variety of topics that impact on the snowsports community" and "... news from the myriad of businesses, brands and services that encompass the snowsports industry" so I guess the answer is an emphatic "no". It may, in fact, be evidence that snowboards are - in reality - skis. If they'd been called 'surf skis' in the first place (mid-late 1970s) these difficulties would not have arisen.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wow a print trade magazine being launched in 2013. It'll be something for ski retailers to read in between applying dubbin to their stock of boots and a pleasant break from completion of their sales ledgers with their quill pens. Perhaps they'll send telegrams to congratulate the publishers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do I smell a vole de-composing........?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, a ski retailer told me that they love freebie printed ski mags. Not because they like giving them to their customers but because they make great padding for when they return skis to distributors. Now, you can't do that with a website can you? But, I agree, it's all so last century.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller wrote:
it's all so last century.

So are you
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Comedy Goldsmith, and I'd like to investigate your use of the word "comedy" under the terms of the 1968 Trades Description Act (also last century)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I remember working on a ski trade magazine (at some point during the 20th century) called Ski Trader.

Ski Trade is obviously a snappier title - a bit more 21st century.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith, Ski Trader, Ski Trade News, Snow Industry... all a good idea at the time but all failed and that was back then when print was just about the only cost-effective medium (or was it a large?snowHead ) available.

If only there was a 21st century small furry alpine rodent that could keep us fully up-to-date with trade news.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You're forgetting one minor detail, Swiller: this magazine is being launched by Dominic Killinger, who once acquired Dragon's Den rather than them acquiring him ...

http://www.grannybuttons.com/photos/uncategorized/dragons_den_dominic_killinger.jpg

... and ...

http://www.tvscoop.tv/2006/09/review_dragons_2.html

Quote:
Dominic Killinger. A dreadful, ruthless, slick money greasing machine shaped like a human being.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, and I'd like to investigate your use of the word "comedy" under the terms of the 1968 Trades Description Act (also last century)

To be fair CG was around and skiing for a good bit of the last century.

wink Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NeddySkiGoon, he hasn't been that funny since arrogating that handle to himself. Although if we are considering "comedy" in the classical sense, perhaps he enjoyed a few "happy endings"?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
NeddySkiGoon, he hasn't been that funny since arrogating that handle to himself.

Fair point. Would you accept Tragedy Goldsmith?

Obviously I'm not going to joke around the whole time - it's good to be taken seriously.

NeddySkiGoon wrote:
To be fair CG was around and skiing for a good bit of the last century.

41% of it, but not full-time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I prefer to think of it as Commedia and Goldsmith as Harlequin to admin's (yellow) Pantalone.
ski holidays
He's known down at the clinic as Chlamydia Goldsmith and that isn't very funny.
ski holidays
... or true either, by the way.
latest report
How do you know it's not true? Could be true.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy