Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed - Rookie Alert!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dennisp, SHHHHHHHHHH Keep it quiet! Although I did have to dig myself out of a huge pit up there on Easter Sunday this year.... a POWDER DAY!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee, fortunately for all concerned, I do not know any off piste in any area, of any resort. I was not kidding about happily cruising the tree runs (and I dont mean 'through' the trees) in the PDS, I just love the mountains, the views, the contrast of snow on pine etc - comes from living in the god forsaken desert that is Dubai. and the UAE.

I will however be looking for some friendly snowheads to let me in on some of the easier treats of the region this winter though now that we have a place there snowHead

As for powder on Easter Sunday, i think every day was a powder day from Jan onwards!!! Cool Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

i think every day was a powder day from Jan onwards!!!

last year was exceptional; they're not all like that. Brown fields in February in the PDS and similar areas are not unknown.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, 3 seasons ago we had to move in from the sun in Courchevel 1650 because it was way too hot and that was the first week of February! My guests arriving for Easter holidays that season were less than impressed by the 2 pistes that were left open in the entire resort of 1850... Smile

Last two winters have been rather good though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi. Personally if you are looking for that sort of variation the I would be more inclined to look at France, it can be expensive but depends of course when you go and where you are planning on staying.

It is always good to prioritise what's important, is the skiing the biggie or is it the apres? I mean no matter where you go, if you're with 10 of your mates, you're probably going to have a good time!

Like the previous, Val Thorens is a good option, couple of chalets I'd recommend there but you may have to go down the hotel route depending on the size of the group.Tignes is another place I'd look as well, probably more selction of chalets to fit a larger group.

Italy would be a good option as well, Sauze D'Oulx is very popular and would offer decent skiing for a mixed level group - great apres ski!

Austria is an excellent all rounder, places like St Anton is better skiing for the slightly more advanced but the apres ski is well up there.

Despite the immediate draw, places like Andora and Bulgaria are getting pricey now and given that the skiing there isnt wonderful, I'd personally give it a miss.

We are still offering some great deals, check out our website and contact us if you need any further help.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back to the question, out of the seasons I've done Val Thorens was my favourite. It is a great place and it can be done on the cheap. Plenty of cheap apartments for self-catering and most bars have happy hours. Aprés ski is awesome, Folie Douce followed by Snesko, Viking, Saloon. There are also some great fast food places that are not going to break the bank.

As it's been mentioned it can be brutally cold though in January and probably not the number 1 resort for beginners. The transfer from Geneva takes approximately 3 hours and it can be a pain. Advantage is that the more experienced skiers in your group can explore a bit of the 3 valleys.

Les 2 Alpes is also a great resort to consider, good aprés and skiing is decent. You can also fly to Grenoble for a shorter transfer. I personally would never fly to Chambery, it is either great or a total disaster.

Morzine also has a nice vibe to it as well and I've always found the skiing there pretty good.

Tignes is a good option as mentioned above. Haven't done much in the Paradiski area so can't say much about that but heard good things about Les Arcs.

I don't know much about Switzerland but probably Verbier and Zermatt are the most popular there.

Ischgl or St Anton in Austria could also suit your needs perfectly if you are after an "Ibiza on the snow" sort of holiday. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy