Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BARDONECCHIA ITALY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys all this sun is making me think of snow spookily, I'm just after some advice does anyone know how the slopes are graded in Bardonecchia Italy i.e. is it green for easiest or is it blue and then red for intermediates as there seems a lot of red on the trail map, and would it be suitable for someone who's only done a couple weeks skiing from begginer.
thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NEWSKIER, I've skied there twice but can't really answer your question about the gradings. I WOULD say it's a good resort for your level, with some decent skiing on the main slopes from Campo Smith. However, both times we've been (March and February) the better skiing was on the Jafferau side, easily reached via the ski bus, in just a couple of minutes. Someone with more recent knowledge may know if the very scary, rickety, wooden one-man chair up from the car park, has been replaced, which was the only negative. Not a big party scene though so if lively apres is on your list, may not be the best choice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think most Italian skiing resorts are like Austrian and Swiss with only blue, red and black.

However a quick check with Bardonecchia piste map shows that it does indicated a few green runs next to the chairlifts. This may be the resort so close to the France and may have the green runs too. However Bardonecchia green runs look like nursery slopes to me and should be for the beginners mainly.

Never been to Bardonecchia but it is known to be a begineer friendly resort similar to most resorts in the Maurienne Valley on the French side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As far as I'm aware, all EU slope gradients are the same, they don't differ from resort to resort. The degree of difficulty on marked pistes can change from resort to resort, as a general rule Austrian resorts Reds are more difficult than Bulgarian reds, for example, but I would imagine a big Italian resort would be pretty standard. After a few weeks skiing you should be able to get down most reds at most resorts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

After a few weeks skiing you should be able to get down most reds at most resorts.

A major, and probably inaccurate, generalisation. Yes, if you are a fittish young guy and not scared. Probably. And "getting own" doesn't equate to "skiing well enough to enjoy the terrain".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

all EU slope gradients are the same

With all due respect only the French do green runs in the Alps. Austria, Switzerland and most Italy don't do them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy