Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A man in yellow trousers.

Poster: A snowHead

I came across this pic of a well known individual around these parts contemplating possibly the best line of the week* back on the Off Piste bash 2012. Seemed a shame not to post it.

*One of the best ever for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a great photo. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Superb photo. If I were the Man in Yellow Trousers, I'd seek permission to enlarge and frame it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a line through there??! Shocked

Don't think i will be joining the OPB any time soon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a view!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dennisp, yes and it was EPIC snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndAnotherThing..,

...just as an aside, years ago a French instructor told me that yellow salos' were unlucky .... how did the rest of your day go??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CharlieG, Very good thanks. There was an 'issue' later in the week but it's hard to correlate to yellow trousers...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mmmm... trees.... Is it winter yet? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only a few months to go...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nice pic!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eerm - sorry to sound a bit dull - but where is the backpack with shovel / probe? I assume he has on a transceiver at least!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In yellow trousers, who needs a transceiver!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiingQuinHat, The backpack there, just silhouetted out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cool - yes can see it on closer inspection!
latest report
I thought that he had just spotted another skier also wearing yellow trousers Shocked
snow report
OMG... I just bought some khaki ski pants in a sale Shocked Will they go with my red jacket Puzzled
ski holidays
Look at all that lovely fresh snow being side-slipped wink
snow report
SkiingQuinHat, the beep goes on, on the way to the shower in the morning.

Sideshow_Bob, I was lining myself up for doing it switch. An easy one, compared to La Grave... at night! Toofy Grin
So are you doing your Chamonix-for-girls thing again this year or coming on the proper gnar-fest - I understand why you might not think you're ready NehNeh
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., was that at the end of the first day, after the blizzard stopped? I think I recognise that face but my group did it from a little lower down. This year's OP bash is on my list, if I'm not banned, that is Little Angel
snow conditions
...we can always change your name Wink
ski holidays
I trust you sent it in .....

http://(Oh dear, I'm rather losing my cool - I think I might have wee-weed myself a little bit :oops:).blogspot.co.at/
ski holidays
Zero-G, Not the first day for sure, that was pretty grim. I guess it must have been day 2 (or 3) as Alain was guiding at the time. OP Bash on my list too Smile
snow conditions
It's on my list too... funnily enough.
ski holidays
admin wrote:
...we can always change your name Wink

Princess?
latest report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Zero-G, Not the first day for sure, that was pretty grim. I guess it must have been day 2 (or 3) as Alain was guiding at the time. OP Bash on my list too Smile

My recollection of day 1 was: tranny training (see what I did there?) -> traversing across a face in zero viz blizzard -> my first real tree run, which looked remarkably similar to what's in your pic.
snow report
If I recall the photo was taken here:

Code:
http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnee/51/cartes-ign?c=6.482559379824927,44.94839444882999&z=0.00004459308181838157&l=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS.3D::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS==aggregate(1)&permalink=yes

A bit to the north of the last 't' in the 'Cete de Cibouit' Very Happy

The following day Sharkymark and I skied a couloir with the guide that's to the right of 'x in 'Croix de Cibouit'. It would have been very nice had it had more snow & less rocks Laughing
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., that had me confused for a bit, but I take it you mean about a whole word's worth of north from the last 't', and heading further north?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
harrisonygwningen, I guess it depends on how far we followed the contour from the top of the lift. My recollection is that we probably went as far as the 'i' before maybe heading along the top of the spur and dropping in. You can see the head of the valley in the background and I recall the ground being quite steep early on so my guess is we stayed to the East of the 'green' area. So there abouts...

How do you remember it ?

Sharkymark, Should be able to confirm with the epic video footage Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Sharkymark's footage here: The pitch in question starts at 4.26. snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/irrQsdbnCe4

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 29-10-13 13:41; edited 2 times in total
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., Ahhh.. awesome footage. What a great trip Smile
latest report
Avalanche Poodle, It was pretty good until the crutches came out Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:
Sideshow_BobSo are you doing your Chamonix-for-girls thing again this year or coming on the proper gnar-fest - I understand why you might not think you're ready NehNeh

Don't think I'm brave enough just yet to broach the subject of a week away from the boss as she's prob not going to ski this coming season, but SOPiB may be of interest Smile
snow report
OK,Sideshow_Bob, Mum's the word for now Wink
Maybe U need to get yourself a nice big pile of brownie points from somewhere?
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., harrisonygwningen, I concur
snow conditions
AndAnotherThing.., Such an innocuous fall too Sad

And I think that my avi vid should be renamed 'The man in brown trousers' Laughing
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., as I recall, we traversed an unreasonably long distance. And then we traversed an excessive amount further. And then we traversed some more. And then, when even pole-monkeys couldn't physically traverse any further, we dropped in. And then it turned out that we'd actually traversed exactly the right distance.

Only one way to be sure; let's try it again? My diary is clear in March.
snow report
harrisonygwningen wrote:
Only one way to be sure; let's try it again? My diary is clear in March.

An excellent idea. It's a plan. snowHead
ski holidays
harrisonygwningen, mine isn't it already has a 2 week trip to Serre Chevalier in it. wink
snow report
Hells Bells, actually, looking again, I think I also have something pencilled in. Toofy Grin

AndAnotherThing.., we must also try the Couloir des Tetes des Nieges again. I think you would enjoy it. Cool Don't mention it to the man in yellow trousers though. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy