Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada 2013/14 Season Lifty Jobs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I'm from the UK and I've just been issued my Canadian Working Holiday visa!! Good times right!
So now I'm trying to decide the best way of finding ski season work for the 2013/14 season.
I've worked a season before in New Zealand as a lifty and I'd really like to do the same thing again. That being said, I've really for my heart set on working at Whistler.
Here's the tricky part, I'm planning on being in the UK until mid October. How can I apply for jobs if I can't get a face to face interview with them?
Also, any advice you can give me about finding ski season work in Canada (especially as a lifty at Whistler) would be greatly appreciated. I've seen there are a few agencies out there that will get you resort work for £600. I'd really rather not pay that amount of money for something I could do myself.

Any other resorts I should be looking at instead of Whistler?

Thanks everyone.

Tom Very Happy [/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WB used to do a UK job fair I think. No idea if they still do. Bin agencies. Get on the ball directly and proactively with businesses with a good cv and especially a custom cover letter identifying how your skills are good for them. Make it clear you'll be available for interview anytime on Skype. Be prepared to show commitment e.g. an airticket to Vancouver before they'll offer you a job.

There's probably a local job fair for stragglers late Oct/early Nov but if you've not sorted out accomodation by then you might be struggling to get a place in staff housing (the ghetto).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tdholland, Welcome to the forum.

Your starting point for a job on the mountain at Whistler should be the WB website - http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/recruiting-initiatives.aspx

Here you can see that the main options open to you are to use an approved agency (WB will confirm which ones are genuine if you have any doubts) or to turn up at the Job Fair in November (unless you alter your UK plans and get yourself to Whistler for the local interviews on Sept. 27th & 28th ). Note that the agencies are interviewing in July, e.g. TWHC are in London in July.

You could apply directly to WB, but the website states that you need to be in Canada and available for an interview - but give them a call if you want to check this out, especially as you already have a Visa and have experience working as a liftie. If there is any way that you can make it, I'd recommend you get to Whistler for the September interviews, but that will then leave you with 6 weeks to fill until the season starts.

WB control all of the jobs on the mountain (liftie/ski school/restaurants/retail etc) but there are almost as many jobs in the hotels, bars, retailers in Whistler that are not run by WB. The only realistic way you'll get one of these jobs is face-to-face.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would agree with attending the Job fairs that Whistler put on. If you want to get staff housing you pretty much have to get in early via the job fairs because after the Nov fair most housing (and jobs) have gone/ been taken. I did a season there back in 04/05 (time flys!!) and I arrived at the end of Nov and the job board for mountain jobs was pretty limited - all of the main jobs were taken via the job fairs, including liftie ones. They usually do training during Nov before the season gets underway. If your heart is set on being a lifty then I would try the July fair in the UK and if not def attend the November one in Whistler. I had to settle for a volunteer job on the mountain on Sundays (to get a ski pass) and then working as a cleaner for a hotel. Just be aware that most positions are 5 days a week so you will only get 2 days to ski - unless you can rangle a part time postion.

Great place to go for the season, you will have awesome time. I loved it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy