Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow boarders,

On my last season I tried out rossignols new experience board as part of their promotion and have to say, with their new magtek design it was absolutely amazing. Very quick with an insane amount of grip and control, also pretty slick off piste too.

Very tempted to buy one as my Burton Clash has a few war scares now.

Anyone else purchased one of these?

Mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes rode the same shape but it was the lesser flex model so it allowed resort riding versatility... to ride all day in my case.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 30-09-13 17:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Differences are also in the 2013 Exp vs 2014 Exp XV this season but I don,t think in the krypto its still unchanged the same shape and flex.

A burton clash vs 2013 Exp are worlds apart.

The 2014 XV will be a touch tamer in feel via this seasons new shape and flex changes but that's IMO just a guess from having a quiver and time on the Krypto
I would buy the 2014 Exp XV its on my want list just not my funds reality/ridetime list.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for that. My clash is my first board, only been riding about a year but yea when i rode the 2013 exp i was blown away. defo want one, my freestyle bindings will fit it and im pretty happy with my bindings.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would,nt rush out and buy a high speed big mountain gun .
The design elements you would have liked on the test board coming off a clash will be similar or exactly the same on the more versatile flex One Mag or Krypto with a much broader range of speeds and uses .

The big mountain boards need high input with suitable bindings boots and lower legs to transfer that high input ..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Tirol, Im in no rush to buy one as yet. My clash is a good all rounder, quite nice in the park too - doing a season in Mayrhofen so ill be in the park quite a lot. I was just generally impressed with its grip and control it had at high speeds (exp). Ill branch out mid season I think and look to buy a new board, will keep a close eye on the 2014 range
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the Rossi Experience 168 as my off piste board and love it. It sounds like this is your first experience (no pun intended!) of riding a stiff board so not surprised you are impressed by the grip and stability at speed. Sounds like you rode it mostly on piste though which is not really what the Experience is all about due to the large amount of nose rocker. If you are looking for something for charging around the pistes you would be better with something with less /no rocker. As Tirol164 has said something like the Rossi One would give you pretty much the same grip in a more versatile shape.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I rode a 159 if memory serves. I did off and on piste when I borrowed it. Only had it for a few hours but like I say I loved the grip it had, i remember the pistes being quite icy that day but had no issues at all. Floated through the powder with ease too, im 6ft4 and the 159 was fine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy