Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The .ski (dot ski) domain arrives

Poster: A snowHead
snowheads.ski better get in quick Admin

Full details from Iain Martin on Skipedia

http://www.skipedia.co.uk/2013/07/the-ski-dot-ski-domain-arrives/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, and how long before it is snapped up by the 'sell to the highest bidders' groups that operate out of China? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm borisbar.ski Puzzled wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
russ.ski?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
konradbartel.ski
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
whybotherifyouhavethedotcom.ski
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

how long before it is snapped up by various snowheads who should no better Toofy Grin

Snivel.ski Twisted Evil

EDIT oh I see we have another auto-correct Laughing I typed snow_vole of course
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Polish men rejoice!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would hope Scott have already nabbed the.ski
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, can't wait to try the new www.the.ski

The prob with these new/odd TLDs is that they look like a mistake.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thinking of getting white.ski Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've a pal called Paudie who's website is Paud.ie. Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just wait for all those russians to start buying vanity domain names...

Smolen.ski
Minkov.ski

ru.ski names even..

Might throw up a ski classifieds site on buy.ski or sell.ski
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
Boredsurfing, and how long before it is snapped up by the 'sell to the highest bidders' groups that operate out of China? Laughing

May I suggest you read the article linked in the OP?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, Oh, I did that before I posted. OK, so they are only supposed to be sold to ski related industries and proof is supposed to be required. I bet that won't stop the resourceful Chinese.

I do like the way that a) every comment I make is assumed to be serious (it was a flippant joke!!), and b) it is assumed that I post without reading and digesting related material - often I post just for a joke - at least to my SOH. rolling eyes I even put a laughing emoticon in. rolling eyes

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 3-07-13 20:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I know someone (the son of one of my closest friends) who is a ski instructor for Club Med in a Chinese ski resort.
http://www.clubmed.co.uk/cm/resort-yabuli-china_p-341-l-EN-pe-14H-v-YABC-ac-vh.html
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
snowheads.ski better get in quick Admin

Full details from Iain Martin on Skipedia

http://www.skipedia.co.uk/2013/07/the-ski-dot-ski-domain-arrives/

Interesting challenge on how to price stuff - what would 3v pay for 3v.ski for example? 10K per annum?
then how much for big TO to get chalet.ski? 25 or 50K
Just a drop in the ocean of a marketing budget for big resorts/to's

Surely they need to be making these kinds of money on all the obvious domains to make it worthwhile them selling wayneo.ski for a solitary £59 per annum

I'm off to register pandora.ski and point it to the relevant thread here...
latest report
bertie bassett, on the surface the new TLDs look like they should be worth something but you need to think about how you typically arrive at a desired web page... often as a result of a search or a link. Rarely do you actually tap in a full www.whatever.whatever

More and more people are beginning to realise that just tapping a brand name into a browser will throw up the site they are looking for. The .whatever is way less relevant than people think. And where will it end? It's an industry in its own right and few get used.
snow report
Quote:

on the surface the new TLDs look like they should be worth something but you need to think about how you typically arrive at a desired web page.

Got to agree there, its all about how people find and arrive at a website, the .ski domain names might help a little for generic search terms but not for specific items, I think the .ski is more of a vanity type thing, but in saying that I have registered quite a few

rolling eyes
latest report
PSB2013.ski ?
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
Quote:

on the surface the new TLDs look like they should be worth something but you need to think about how you typically arrive at a desired web page.

Got to agree there, its all about how people find and arrive at a website, the .ski domain names might help a little for generic search terms but not for specific items, I think the .ski is more of a vanity type thing, but in saying that I have registered quite a few

rolling eyes

^^^ this

The whole point of them opening up all these extra domain extensions is to stop cyber squatting and people holding domain names for ransom. I cant see postion in SERPS being drastically affected by it especially as Google has moved away from keyword targeted URLs
snow report
I see no reason why this shouldn't be just as successful as all the other new TLDs. i.e Not at all. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy