Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early Bird Club

Poster: A snowHead
All booked up for next year. The whole lot - accommodation, flights & transfers bar the train from Innsbruck to Landeck which isn't on sale yet. Just ski hire to go.

Mad, sad or glad?

Late Dec - twah valleys, Les menuires of all places. Won this in a raffle
Mid Jan - "Verbs"
Early Feb - another sh*tty 4 days in Paradiski
Mid March - Fiss

A bit biased towards early season but that's not entirely my choice. Last one is the longest at least.

Last couple of years I've tried 5 trips but it's just too much. Too much airport, too much transfer, and not enough of a break between them to get the fever up for the next one.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I might see you in Verbier then Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nothing fixed yet, still waiting for Birthday Bash Buttons. wink
snowHead
Chris
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Week in Ski Amadé early Feb already sorted for accommodation and time off work, just transport left to sort. Then I can potentially have a week off mid-late March too if I can afford another ski holiday. That's it for my annual leave.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27 wrote:
Mad, sad or glad?
or OCD?

I started a discussion about one possible trip today but that's all. Thinking Warth.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whistler first week of Jan (booked). I'll be able to sneak a day or two in Utah in Feb. Probably Megève in March.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still not found accommodation for New Year yet Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Accommodation booked L2A - 3 weeks in January, L2A 4 weeks from mid March Very Happy Need to buy a season pass in December and sort some crossings out, job done Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flights booked for SLC , Feb.

Planning on heading up to WY too during our stay Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why is paradiski sh*tty?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
peanuthead wrote:
Why is paradiski sh*tty?

and if so, why go? But I think the OP was being ironic.

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Booked the usual fortnight for Xmas and New Year in shitty Paradis snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Nothing fixed yet, still waiting for Birthday Bash Buttons.

ditto

Haven't even thought about next season yet, other than a vague thinking about where I might think about contemplate going. Will book a last minute weekend or 3 in Austria for sure.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep, December and Feb sorted for us, still waiting for peeps to get back to us about coming with us in April, and still mithering about October. So half organised and booked, and half still dithering. rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh dear I haven't even decided what I'm doing this weekend. Hopefully I'll have snagged a big Euromillions jackpot and be deciding whether to buy a new or low mileage A Star and exactly what type of marble I need for my chalet countertops by next winter. Alternatively I like Swiller's proposition having checked out the place last summer.
ski holidays
Tignes booked for 18th jan 2 weeks
Accommodation booked the 1st week in April!!!!!!
Just waiting for ferry to be bookable
Going to wait a while for lift passes to see if the exchange rate gets any better and for the online booking to open.

Not decided on 1st week in march trip. Thinking morzine as I've never been there but will wait to see how snow is first.
Very Happy
ski holidays
Timg60, I know it's boring yawn yawn but it has to be said - choose your first week in March carefully as it's still school holiday time in France at any rate.

I've secured a cracking deal on Les Arcs side of sh**ty paradise early April. It would have been rude not to.
snow conditions
I've decided to go to the glacier next weekend Cool Sadly that's also closing weekend Crying or Very sad

Money's starting to come together for a Japan trip for next Jan though, hopefully be able to book/pay by the end of the summer to take advantage of the early bird discount on accomm.
ski holidays
queen bodecia, pick you up at the airport again my girl! I think we can organise cheap accommodation as well! Laughing

Christmas and New Year booked - same hotel as last year booked as I paid my bill

February booked - booked as queen bodecia and I realised that the hotel we were using this year was total crap! (about the end of day 3 I think wasn't it?)

Easter booked - again booked as I paid my bill

Plus every weekend in between! Mind you it is relatively easy for me as the nearest slopes are only 30 minutes away for downhill and on my doorstep for cross country! Laughing

Season passes organised and paid for (because I have the money set aside already): one starts on October 1st and continues through to the middle of May 2014, the other comes into operation in the middle of November and goes through to the end of April.
snow conditions
marmotte16 wrote:
Timg60, I know it's boring yawn yawn but it has to be said - choose your first week in March carefully as it's still school holiday time in France at any rate.

I've secured a cracking deal on Les Arcs side of sh**ty paradise early April. It would have been rude not to.

Thank you, Thats good to know, might look at the second week instead.

Might make the drive from le harve a little less painfull as well..... Very Happy

Havnt been to Les Arcs for 7 years. My wifes first introduction to snow was at arc 2000 in a very very cold january. Enjoyed it but had more fun on a couple of days excursions over to la plagne.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, bring it on!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Trips booked
Had to change week of one trip as hotel we want was booked up or at least the allocation to TO was used up already
snow conditions
Time off work booked, money earmarked. flight identified, just need the Birthday Bash Buttons! wink
snowHead
ski holidays
Timg60, maybe think third week wink

http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm
latest report
marmotte16 wrote:
Timg60, maybe think third week wink

http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm

bug.....
ski holidays
Oops that's a naughty word.
Damn blast it.
Won't be able to get the third week.
Might as well do first then. More chance of snow I suppose.
latest report
Booked holiday with daughter at half term, Madonna di Campligo again Very Happy
snow report
bug. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I've done it again. Booked the next one before I've finished paying for the last.

Christmas in Austria anybody?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timg60, the last week of the French school holidays isn't nearly so bad as the the others, whereas weeks 2 and 3 are by far the worst. In their fourth week (2nd week in March) only one zone is off rather than two in week 3. I'd go the second week in March if you can.
snow conditions
annaski wrote:
Timg60, the last week of the French school holidays isn't nearly so bad as the the others, whereas weeks 2 and 3 are by far the worst. In their fourth week (2nd week in March) only one zone is off rather than two in week 3. I'd go the second week in March if you can.

I need to have a look at British school holidays as am in the wonderful catering trade and have loads to do before Easter.
Might be able to push 2nd week. But probably the first..... Confused
ski holidays
musher, Yep, every year - where are you going to be singing your carols?
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
where are you going to be singing your carols?

Italy - if I can find a deal. Then the Birthday Bash, if we get some buttons.

snowHead
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue,

Seefeld again. The kids don't want to go anywhere else rolling eyes
snow conditions
musher, nice but not too exciting for you I suppose. Will you have a car to maybe travel to some other places? clarky999 is based not too far away from Seefeld and has some nice spots near him! Plus the Christmas Market down in Innsbruck is magical, particularly in the evening.
ski holidays
musher, plenty of great day trip options near Seefeld, particularly if you have a car. Give me a shout nearer the time and maybe we can hook up for a day.

Have to admit until recently I'd totally missed a lot of the potential of Seefeld itself too, a day with a guide and/or skins there could be really well rewarded:

[img]http://mariusschwager.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/pg-tirol-innsbruck-region-reither-kar_web.jpg?w=848[/img]
ski holidays
Good to see there's a few fellow 'planners' Toofy Grin

Just have to sit out this ghastly heat now and then see you all on the "OMG no snow" thread on November 1st

clarky999, Samerberg Sue, You two are the winners really though - actually moving to the mountains to be nearer the slopes is probably the ultimate in forward planning
ski holidays
red 27, wink Need a feeling smug and self-satisfied smiley really don't we! Laughing Laughing (at myself before anyone takes "a fence" NehNeh )
latest report
I am rather enjoying the hot weather although MOnt Blanc was looking particularly fine as we flew over it this morning.
snow report
clarky999,

I can't stray too far as I need to drop off & pick up the kids from ski school. I don't mind Seefeld too much as I can carve pretty much every slope there and it gives the impression that I can actually ski Toofy Grin
snow conditions
musher, off to Seefeld in a couple of weeks. Better not be snow then
Been in the area twice before in the summer and some of the high paths have had fresh snow
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy