Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bura Snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They have a chalet in La Rosiere - has anybody been with them? How did you get on?

I have searched on here but the only posts I could find were 4 or 5 years old.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a copy of my review on Tripadvisor from a stay in April 2013

"Stayed here with 2 teenagers having been to the resort several times. I booked this chalet due to it being good value (all inclusive). Another reason for booking was that the web site stated it was "just a 2 min walk to the lifts". Upon arrival, it was soon clear that this was a vast exaggeration of the truth. The chalet hosts stated the only realistic way to the slopes was a 8-10min bus ride. Fortunately the bus stops right outside but doesn't really make up for not being able to walk there in 2 mins. I have fed this back to the owner who to his credit has changed the web site - however, in my opinion, this is simply not a walkable distance with ski kit (uphill on snow / ice covered paths).

The web site also advertised the chalet had Wi-fi. With teenage kids who need to be occupied of an evening to avoid being bored of all the adult chit chat WI-fi is another factor which secured my booking. However, an email to guests 2 days before the holiday stated the Wi-fi wasn't working. The reality - as the chalet hosts told us - was that there had been no Wi-Fi all season. I do feel misled that the owner had not seen fit to advise us about this at the time of booking. To side step the issue and say there was other WiFi in the bars is not ideal especially when it means taking the children to the bars and incurring extra costs paying for drinks to access the wifi.

The web site also states they will provide free sandwiches on the transfer bus. A nice idea given it takes about 2.5 hours and a good reason to avoid airplane food. However, there was no food forthcoming (and no explanation) which is another niggle which leaves you hungry until you arrive.

In short, if you promise something for a paying guest, then please make sure you deliver on it.

I also have reservations about the suitability of this chalet for children. I go into chalet holidays with an open mind about other guests and I have no issue with communal living. However, there seemed to be a 'party' culture which meant lots of noise, drinking and music from the living room area up to 2-3am on at least 2 nights. This may not have been a problem but the rooms above the lounge could hear everything from downstairs, there is no soundproofing. The staff warn you on arrival it can be noisy as sound throughout the chalet travels - hey, they even provide ear plugs ! But it's a bit late to warn us of noise once we get there...and the chalet hosts seem only too keen to be part of the party. I did have a sense of humour failure when one of the other guests came into our room at 1am looking for one of the staff bedrooms !

On a positive note, the hosts were very nice people, the food was very good and they know how to cater for their guests in difficult conditions. Overall, the price still represented good value. My quibbles were based on what I saw as false promises which took the edge very slightly off a great holiday. The skiing was fantastic, the weather was great for the most part and I will be going back to the resort. However, I don't think I would venture back to this chalet - just personal preference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I saw the post heading I thought it must be the sequel to Staus Quo's current box office smash! Er, each to their own and all that but will any snowHead admit that they will be going to see this Laughing

Quote:
Status Quo's first ever feature film - Bula Quo! Bula Quo! is a 90-minute action movie featuring the band as themselves and also starring Craig Fairbrass (Cliff Hanger, Rise Of The Footsoldier, Eastenders) and Laura Aikman (Keith Lemon The Movie, Freight, Surviving Picasso) with Jon Lovitz (Saturday Night Live, Friends, The Wedding Singer). The film was directed by Stuart St. Paul, who has worked on projects ranging from Duran Duran's seminal Wild Boys video to Aliens, Batman and three Bond movies.

PLEASE READ - Due to the amount of Blockbusters coming out in the next few weeks, some cinemas may only play Bula Quo! for one night, the 5th July. When Press and TV adverts start this week and the news of the premiere hits next week, the tickets may sell out or certainly the best seats will go, so we advise fans to BOOK ON LINE now.

Hmm.....Showing for one night only. I wonder why? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
damobloke1, hmmm I don't normally dive straight to trip advisor, but that is pretty damning.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ, If you're keen on La Rosiere check out MoreAlps or A Mountain Chalet or Ski Olympic, all have good chalets in the village.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy