Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Ideas for Canada or States

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can anybody reccomend anywhere in canada or the states for a boarder and a skier to go to on the 7 of jan for 11 nights??

We are both good intermediates and ski most things. We dont really want to break the bank with the trip and don't want to ski whister as we've spent a good period of time there in the past.

Any ideas or advice on snow conditions ect would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stay away from the East Coast resorts like Killington, I was very disappointed with the skiing and infra-structure when I skiied there, its only a 6 hour drive for me but I will go out west/rockies anytime before I venture back to Vermont and New Hampshire.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpinebullit, try:
Vail
Breckenridge
Big Sky
Park City
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm a full time ski instructor living in colorado.

I'll start by saying Salt Lake City or any colorado resort.

There are a wide variety of threads about choosing a colorado resort. The archives here are full. I work/live at Winter Park. The area around here is the portion of colorado that i like the most for a wide range of reasons. That does not mean that other resorts or towns don't have a great deal to offer.

My favorites are;
Winter Park
Steamboat
Breckenridge
Copper
Keystone
Loveland
Arapahoe Basin

Loveland and A-Basin are ski areas only, with no lodging and basic day lodges serving food, handling lessons, etc. The draw at these two ski areas is the great snow. There are nearby towns with plenty of places to stay

It would be silly to not mention Aspen or Vail. They simply don't fit my tastes.

All the resorts around SLC are great. There are the two major resorts which now have a joint ticket, and are connected via lifts and they are Alta/Snowbird.

I have skiied a little in Canada and love the town of Banff. Withen 45 minutes of the town are three great ski areas; Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Norquay. These areas have spartan base areas with great skiing. The town has plenty to do and is very quaint.

Feel free to p.m. me or send an e-mail at guyrb@msn with specific questions. A trip to colorado can be done relatively inexpensively or you can break the proverbial bank!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Rusty,
Cause he mentioned a snowboarder, I took alta/bird off my list, and also I kinda think WP is more a skiers paradise, well, particularly on the MJ side.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would echo the avoid the east coast sentiment. Vermont's beautiful but I wasn't terribly impressed in my limited experience.

I hear great things about Montana in general and Taos. We've just booked to go to Utah for 8 days in March - I was very impressed with Park City and Alta (although as WTFH says, "No Snowboarders"). I was also very impressed with Jackson Hole although the lifts weren't running.

You could acquire a copy of Ultimate Sports "Ski North America" - which would give you a lot of info...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpinebullit, You could be in luck. Word has it that the Thomson / Crystal charter to Denver is not selling very well at all. As 7th Jan is the lowest of the low season you could probably afford to wait and virtually name your price. In the past when they've put on charters they've always ended up flogging seats and accommodation very cheap... I remember once being offered Banff for £99 inc hotel!

Anyhow, with 11 days to kill you might try hiring a 4x4 and staying somewhere like Frisco - from there you can easily take in Breck, Keystone (night skiing), Copper, A Basin, WP, Vail & Beaver Creek - even more obscure places like Ski Cooper and Loveland. Frisco has some lively bars, ski shops etc and is a fun place to stay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pinnacle Ski have some very good offers for Canada at the moment
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat, i understand your point, however, i think there is plenty of available terrain for a boarder. Alta doesn't allow boarding
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have skied in Canada and America a few times and can highly recommend either Mammouth or Banff. Both great for intermediates with a good range of runs. The Banff area lift pass allows you to ski in Lake Louise as well which is fab and there will also be plenty to challenge you if you want to push yourselves on a bit. Think that when we went to Mammouth we got a fly-drive deal with Virgin which worked out very reasonably - not sure if they still do it but worth investigating.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy