Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tune up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This was my third time going and I did black diamond and double black diamond and it was such a rush. My only injury was my knee from ice but it was worth it. Its just kinda bruised. Anyway, I really like the equipment and I liked the way it felt. The board is 10 years old but its in great shape. The edges are sharp in some spots and smooth in others so should I get it sharpened? Also there are scratches on the bottom so there are some grooves and stuff. Will hot waxing fix that or what. Should I leave it alone or is there something i should do? I had so much fun. I dont think I did bad for my 3rd time. I think im going again on the 22nd so I cant wait. Also If you have any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cdub87, The first tip is to reduce the size of your pics wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
While a tune-up wouldn't hurt, you won't really be able to tell the difference. Those scratches are just cosmetic (though hot waxing will not fix them), and you won't be able to ride ice well for quite some time, sharp edges or not!
On a side note, slow down a little with the runs you're trying, and learn some proper technique on runs more suitable to your skill level - you can quickly develop bad habits by riding stuff that's too hard for you to ride properly, plus you prove the skiers right when they complain about boarders just side-slipping down runs they shouldn't be on and scraping off all the snow!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL... I wasnt side-slipping down and scraping the snow. Anyway, I brought it to the shop and they are charging me $37 for sanding, hot wax, bottom and side edge sharpening. I dont think thats too bad. It probably wont help me at all but im sure it cant hurt.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy