Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whislter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
alreet, me and a group of lads are off to whistler on NYE for 11 nights, and we`re tryin to gauge how much dough to take for spending (we`ve pre booked lift passes etc) wondered how much it was for a beer and nosh, and were`s best to go rippin it up both on and off the slopes !!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bigsando, GLC for apres is a must. Can't miss it right by the Whistler gondola. I challenge you to eat a plate of their nachos single handed.

Exchcnge rate is still quite good so beer etc cheaper than Europe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mouth, what about the nachos in Merlins?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Echange rate ain't all that good currently a bit less than 2 CD was more like 2.4 not so long ago. However things should still be good value.

Can't help with recommendations as I'm of to Whistler for first time on 3rd of Jan. Looks like we could do with some more snow lets hope for the usual January dump.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends where you go, but figure that your average beer at whistler will be $5 and your average bar-food $10. That's pre- tax and tip unfortunately Sad
Hope it snows a bit before you get, Whistler's a bit on the hardpack side right now!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As for good places to rip on the slopes:

Blackcomb:
1) 7th Heaven chair - not open last time I was up, needs a bit more snow but hopefully it'll be good by new years. Great tree skiing, great views, wide-open bowls if you stay out of the trees. Just a really fun area in general.
2) Glacier Chair - head left off the chair and their's great stuff through these rolling, rocky spine things. Also there's Spanky's Ladder (go left of the lift, traverse high, and you'll see this "ladder" of footsteps going up the side of the ridge. Walk up the ladder and board down the other side), which leads into the Blackcomb Glacier, and generally has fantastic snow. Long as hell run-out though. Also good is the Horstman t-bar at the top of Glacier Chair: can either take it up and ride down the glacier on the backside, or just ride back down where you took it up. Often some of the best snow on Blackcomb.

Whistler:
1) Peak Chair - has some grat stuff when the snow is fresh, but can get quite moguly pretty fast. Personally I love it when the snow's fresh, but avoid it when it turns into icey moguls.
2) Harmony Chair - cut your own trails all over the place. I prefer Harmony to Peak, and it gets skied out much slower. If you're adventerous this place has tons to offer - the Harmony Horeshoes are nice and steep and often have great snow, and if there's enough snow theres lots of places to dip into the trees lower down. Keep your speed in this area though - the best skiing is off the trails, but it can also be easy to get yourself stuck and have to unstrap.

Try both mountains, but in general I find Blackcomb to be more boarder-friendly: less flats/traverses, more parks, generally less moguls on the challenging terrain. Also there's always less people on Blackcomb than Whistler.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
really appreciate all the info guys, thanx alot
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy