Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Massive snow-ploughing operation above Val d'Isere - on the Col de l'Iseran

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Col de l'Iseran - highest road pass in the Alps (2770m), which connects Val d'Isere with Bonneval-sur-Arc - is blocked with immense depths of snow. A huge snow-clearance operation continues.

Photo and link-monkeyed video via WTF Ski Club NewsGroom:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p526x296/6019_10151714227905761_2105336127_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/?fref=ts
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Madeleine and Rosalind both still closed too, but Petit St Bernard now open
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Naively, before this year, I thought it all melted and cleared naturally Embarassed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude B, mostly it does.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, I suppose this year has been extreme. Left to it's own devices it would still be around at the start of next winter I guess.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think a lot of the high road passes are quite often ploughed to open them - the snow will melt eventually, but the roads usually open when there is still too much snow for the roads to be used without ploughing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im guessing the Alpine glaciers will get longer this year, maybe as much as a couple of millimeters.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Radio Val d'Isere reports ongoing efforts to clear the Col de l'Iseran, with access to the glacier skiing only permitted to official vehicles carrying racers/crews. The snow-cutting is producing 6m walls of snow ...

http://www.radiovaldisere.com/article.php?id=4316
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I cycled half way up Roselend from Bourg St Maurice on Wednesday 19 June and the sign at the bottom says it's open. Saw quite a few keen types on the way up as I was going back down so I assume the sign is correct and the pass is now fully open.

The rivers and streams on Wednesday were very impressive, with torrents of water flooding down, I assume brought on by the recent heatwave releasing more flow from the high lying snow fields. Also amazing was the temperature drop as I passed the streams, surrounding air temperature was in the 20°'s, as I passed the spray from the streams it felt like 0°.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess when predictions that global warming will mean no more snow come unstuck they just change the name to climate change.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iseran is now open
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy