Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All you Racers out their....

Poster: A snowHead
... what Insurance company can you recommend for a weeks Race cover?

My Employer covers me for Racing when I work, so have no personal cover at the moment....so i'm out of the loop and not up to date with what's good, so to speak, at the moment.

Any suggestions appreciated. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you been taking Englsh lessons from Stanton? wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB wrote:
Have you been taking Englsh lessons from Stanton? wink

Haha... I see what you mean... English language was never my strong point, and seems to be getting worse.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you been taking Englsh lessons
[/quote]
Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try snowsport england's (branded) cover. You need to pick the "Performer" option:
http://www.snowsportenglandinsurance.com/

Note that the otherwise similar insurance via BASI does *not* cover racing, although it does cover race training if you pick the "red" option:
http://www.snowsportinsurance.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spud, try http://www.click4quote.com/ , we have used them for the last 3 seasons , sure they must do a week option that covers training and racing. Also no problem with recent claim which was for bloodwagon and medical expenses , good service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK so Spud's "their" = "there". I can't spell English and Ayrshire Andy can't use the quote function. Are we finished now or does anybody else want to embarrass themselves? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobW, He is just training though.

I use the Snowsport England branded policy now, I used to use Snowcard but it got more expensive. I think BMC will also cover racing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs, Wasn't clear in the original query it was just training. In which case either are options.

Just looked at click4quote and they cover "Recreational Racing (skiiing and snowboarding) excluding competitive ski racing and training."
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobW, not true , you need to ask for a Endorsement to specifically cover training and racing. I initally did this over the phone , then I just get an annual renewal quote/certificate.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scot_Ski, I'm only quoting what they say on their website.

But good to know that if asked they will vary it. How much extra do they charge you?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we have an agreement with ERV to cover racing up to all season check out www.avonskiclub.co.uk and click on the insurance banner, if you put avonski10 in the 'code' box youll get 10% off as well Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sorry its under 'ski club advantages on the right hand side, you dont have to be a member to use it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many thanks for all the replies peeps...much appreciated. I'll have a mooch around all the different sites.

Thankyou Snowheads. Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a thought... anyone know whether Carre Neige cover Race Training? Had a look on their website and couldn't see a lot. Thought i maybe able to rock up and buy it with my Lift pass... Anyone know? Appreciated... Cool
ski holidays
RobW, annual policy for my son was £70 , max duration of any one trip 31 days , covers 'professionally organised amatuer ski racing and training that is professionally supervised or otherwise supervised by suitably qualified volunteers' , excess is £200.
ski holidays
Well I feel a right duffus...just looked in my wallet and found an Annual membership Insurance card that I had forgotten i'd taken out...for when i went travelling.
After finding the policy paperwork, it seems i added Wintersports cover...Doh! rolling eyes

The policy covers a Skiing duration of 90 days and covers Non Professional Ski Racing or Training ( personal accident and personal liability ) Excess £250 Shocked Cool

Thought i'd put it out there as it seems a good deal and when looking at the policy, covers many other sports.

It's with Insure and Go... Annual Black Worldwide with Baggage, Excess Waiver and Winter Sports £94.39

Sorry for wasting peoples time...but hopefully others will find this thread useful.
snow conditions
spud, One thing to consider is that the medical centre in Tignes is a private clinic, they won't accept an EHIC, so a high excess will mean you paying for any minor accidents.
latest report
rjs wrote:
spud, One thing to consider is that the medical centre in Tignes is a private clinic, they won't accept an EHIC, so a high excess will mean you paying for any minor accidents.

Thanks for the heads up on that...appreciated. Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy