Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites catered accom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having spent days searching with little success I'm hoping someone might be able to assist....

Having done 2 trips to the 3v's and 1 to Espace Killy our group of 9 are looking for a trip to the Dolomites but I'm really struggling to find anything suitable.

Ideally we'd like a private catered chalet sleeping upto 10, some where on the Sella Ronda (ski in/out would be great), not to bothered about night life if I'm honest

We've previously stayed with Silver Ski in the 3v who were fantastic and at a chalet chordons in Les Brev (above average)

I can find tons of stuff in France but Italy has been a nightmare, do they not do private catered chalets!?

Anyway, thanks for any advice/input in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

do they not do private catered chalets

"they" in this instance is british tour operators. The "catered chalet" model is a very British one. If you look through the websites for the big British tour operators you will find some, but not that many, in Italy. Here's just one example. http://www.skitotal.com/AccommodationDetails.aspx?accomId=5024 Found on Google in a couple of seconds.

On the other hand there are plenty of excellent hotels.

Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply, no offence intended btw Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
madmank, A quick search of the usual suspects has revealed that Crystal, Ski Total, Inghams and Neilson are all offering accommodation in the Dolomites for next season. This may be an improvement on last year as I seem to remember that one of them had nothing (Neilson?) and Crystal have expanded their portfolio too.

Alternatively, if you can make your own way to one of the local airports (Innsbruck, Verona, Venice), there are a few independent operators: Colletts and MountainSun spring to mind (they both have 2 or 3 properties I think) and PisteandPeaks (you'll find the owner of that one on SnowHeads).

Most properties are not ski in/out (Mountain Sun's Albergo Frohsinn is one exception with an excellent on piste location), but you can often be only a very short distance away by being thorough in your research! Post on here if you want to know exactly how accurate a TOs 'couple of minutes walk' is – someone will likely have stayed there or know where it is.

Hope that helps snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed in an Inghams chalet in Arabba this season (Brigitta). They had 2 in the same building, one of which had been hired out to a complete group while we were there. The one we stayed in catered for 16, not sure about the other.

Not ski in ski out, but within 2 mins we were at a lift and if you aim high enough cutting across on your way back it's a min or two walk back to the chalet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
madmank, we stayed in a crystal catered chalet in Canazei, not ski in/out 15 min walk to main lift or bus, but we had a brilliant holiday the Dolomites are fantastic, the positives far outweighed the negatives.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've stayed in Selva a few times, not many chalets are ski to door, mainly hotels, the chalet we stayed in last was via Crystal (vanadis) was ok and was 75 metres from the lift, it was possible to ski to the road opposite our hotel but it was not worth doing. ski shop outside the chalet was handy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have two large catered chalets in the Dolomites, one of which is in San Cassiano, Alta Badia - easy access to Sella Ronda : www.mountainsunltd.com (the other is San Martino, Kronplatz so Sella Ronda can still be accessed but further away (we do a trip each week).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a bus which stops outside the San Martino Chalethotel in the morning which will take you to the Sella Ronda in 30 minutes. Brings you back to the bottom of the lift where Mountain Sun will pick you up in their minibus in the afternoon. Could do the Sella Ronda and back for one last blast on the ?Piccollo black run with a couple of bombardinos at the top in a day if you ski well and fast.

Actually the runs off the Sella Ronda are better and quieter.

However I think the Kronplatz area could keep you busy for four days. The chalet is good value, good food and comfortable. Bonus of pool and sauna, and bar. Not much to do locally. Two restaurants and the local village too far away by taxi in my view (we did for a meal/beer).

On the other hand Corvara looked like a good base ??Colletts
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy