Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn "drug-tested by IOC at fashion event"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lindsey Vonn, four-time World Cup overall ski champion and Olympic gold-medallist, was drug-tested by the IOC at at a New York fashion event on Monday evening ... according to the New York Post.
The paper reports that she passed the test.

This report has been link-monkeyed by WTF Ski Club ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/344374148998812/?comment_id=346261925476701&notif_t=like
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this surprising? The top athletes get tested wherever, whenever.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Is this surprising? The top athletes get tested wherever, whenever.

Totally, what a non "story", now had the headline been " Lindsey Vonn takes up golf.... Well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ADESki wrote:
now had the headline been " Lindsey Vonn takes up golf.... Well!

Lindsey Vonn plays golf. It was a story in August 2011 ...

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/no-1-ace-golfer-lindsey-vonn
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Lindsey Vonn, four-time World Cup overall ski champion and Olympic gold-medallist, was drug-tested by the IOC at at a New York fashion event on Monday evening ... according to the New York Post.
The paper reports that she passed the test.

Are the samples processed, analysed and results provided so quickly?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A very interesting piece on doping in ski racing, by Gordy Megroz of outside.com ...

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lindsey-vonn/Doping-in-Ski-Racing.html?page=1
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some chatter that test details deliberately leaked to head off PED rumours. Must be said US sites seem to hint at it being widely suspected in the coachinh world but then that is a country where roiding and hgh is widespread in NFL and MLB.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ ah Goldsmith beat me to the punch.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
ADESki wrote:
now had the headline been " Lindsey Vonn takes up golf.... Well!

Lindsey Vonn plays golf. It was a story in August 2011 ...

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/no-1-ace-golfer-lindsey-vonn

I was thinking more along the lines of how Tiger losses the ability to drive when his parter practices her swing...

Maybe it's too early and she' happy just with putting practice!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It wouldn't suprise me if there were illegal drugs being used in skiing...

In fact my pessimistic mind tells me that there are illegal drugs used in every professional sport.

There will always be people wanting to find that 'edge'...

The fact that Red Bull use this 'Doctor' and are willing to associate themselves and employ him speaks volumes to me considering his background.

The 'Doctors' seem ahead of the game. Did Lance Armstrong ever fail a drugs test? Did his sponsers pay off his governing body to keep quiet?

Money, Big business, sponserships etc,etc.... it's all too big for it not to exist imho.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud wrote:

In fact my pessimistic mind tells me that there are illegal drugs used in every professional sport.

The fact that Red Bull use this 'Doctor' and are willing to associate themselves and employ him speaks volumes to me considering his background.

Indeed. But let's not forget that a lot of one of GB's finest Olympic sports has been built using East German coaching, very few sports have zero tolerance in practice when it comes to success

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Gr%C3%B6bler
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob wrote:
spud wrote:

Indeed. But let's not forget that a lot of one of GB's finest Olympic sports has been built using East German coaching, very few sports have zero tolerance in practice when it comes to success

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Gr%C3%B6bler

I don't think there is any sport that hasn't got illegal drugs in it...just me being pessimistic. Even as an Amateur, the successes bring you sponsership and money for the future.

Sport is a business... winning brings success and money... it's just too big imho. Sad i know...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I still don't believe that they could decide that she passed the test after a few minutes. I don't know how drug testing works, but I don't think it's like a pregnancy test where you dip a stick in the urine and get an instant result. Wouldn't you need a lab to get a thorough analysis?

I would not be surprised if World Cup skiers use PEDs. Athletes in just about every other sport use them. It would be sad to hear that skiers were doping, but not surprising. I read a comment to Ski Racing magazine about how the stomach problems that Vonn had last season were similar to what cyclists experience after a bad blood transfusion. The person who wrote the comment was an elite-level cyclist.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
getting tested between 5 and 20 times per year? That's frikkin ridiculous. I compete in a sport where the sword of drug testing always hangs over you, and let me tell you, it's a royal PITA having to always - in all your everyday activities, every time you look at medication, etc - be conscious of possibly having to pee in a cup...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Lindsey Vonn, four-time World Cup overall ski champion and Olympic gold-medallist, was drug-tested by the IOC at at a New York fashion event
Wouldn't this story have been so much more fun if she had been 'fashion tested by the IOC at a New York drugs event'?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy