Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels at Geneva Airport...

Poster: A snowHead
... Can any Snowhead recommend a hotel to stay in close to the airport, that's not going to break the bank, but is also not a dump. Looking to spend up to £80 for the night. Closer the better as i have to get a transfer to Tignes from the airport the next morning.

Have googled plenty, but it's always nice to get first hand ideas.

Any suggestions appreciated. Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Novotel on the French side if you can get the right rate. Next door to a F1 but the Novotel comes with a free transfer shuttle, the F1 doesn't and taxis are a complete price gouge.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The train from the airport to town is so efficient and easy I would suggest staying on town. Hotels also give you a travelcard-thing when you check in which gives free access to train.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions...

Had another look and found Holiday Inn for £75 less than a mile away, free buffet breakfast and free shuttle and wifi...which seems a good deal. Arriving late into Geneva so won't have time for excursions into town and i don't fancy lugging skis on train tbh.

Many thanks again....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud Hol Inn Express is excellent. Easy to get to & from (free shuttle IIRC?); good standard of accommodation; great breakfast. And the price is good value for Switzerland.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
spud Hol Inn Express is excellent. Easy to get to & from (free shuttle IIRC?); good standard of accommodation; great breakfast. And the price is good value for Switzerland.

Thanks for confirming that...really appreciated Cool And yes free shuttle Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I,ve copied a bit from my report on our last years trip.http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95486&highlight=

We landed in Geneva airport and were going to La Rosiere.

"Took the train (free of charge with a ticket collected at the baggage hall, mobility staff took us to collect tickets and took us right to the train) to Geneva Cornavin and stayed overnight in the Hotel Bernina. http://www.bernina-geneve.ch/ chosen for its adjacent location to the station.

Hotel staff were helpful, the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable if a little outdated. Free tea, coffee and wi fi was available in the lounge, I could not pick up the wi fi in the bedrooms though I was told it should work. We had a very good, early dinner (and the most amazing beer) in the apparently famous Les Brasseurs next door. The hotel staff had pre warned us that it could get a little noisy later in the evening but we did not stay late."

It worked very well for as as we had easy access to the train we needed on the Sat morning.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud, +1 for Holiday Inn
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spud, Swiss trains are somewhat optimised for lugging skis around. That said, there is't much near the airport that's worth recommending. Other than the beer in Les Brasseurs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for comments guys... as much as i'd like a night on the lash in Geneva, i need a clear head as Eurotest training...excited and kecking myself all at the same time rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud

Quote:

i need a clear head as Eurotest training

Good luck - let us know how it goes.[/b]
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cad99uk wrote:
spud

Quote:

i need a clear head as Eurotest training

Good luck - let us know how it goes.[/b]

Cheers... i need it...will do Razz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What night/date do you arrive in Geneva? I drive from Geneva to Tignes most Fridays and might be able to give you a lift.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slowboarder wrote:
What night/date do you arrive in Geneva? I drive from Geneva to Tignes most Fridays and might be able to give you a lift.

That's very kind of you... much appreciated.

But i've already paid for a transfer coach with the team i'm training with.

The thought is very much appreciated though...thankyou. Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spud, why kecking it? Glacier not steep?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
spud, why kecking it? Glacier not steep?

Going on my own, and not enough confidence in my own ability probably... after speaking to one of the coaches though, and downplaying my ability, they confirmed that i should be going on this course and i should be ok.... We shall see Laughing

It's the not knowing and ability of others in the group that i don't know.

I'm sure it'll be ok...just human nature I suppose to be pessimistic.

I just want to get better, learn a lot and enjoy it... I'm sure i will. Cool

Tbh...i'm nervous but haven't stopped smilling and getting a buzz out of the thought of going. Can't wait now...just lots of gym work before i go... rolling eyes Laughing

Thanks for your concern though Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy