Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time of year to go to Japan?

Poster: A snowHead
I saw a post recently saying the best time was late Feb/ early March but try as i might I can no longer find this post Sad
We are looking at going to Niseko in winter 2015, so any reminders would be most welcome, as we have to plan our leave well ahead. Many thanks snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AJQ, I'd say mid January to late February.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks for that, going to try and book 18 days, that should cover the travelling too . Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we went for 9 days from 16 feb this year and it dumped with snow every day. the thread you are looking for is in the hokkaido trip report i think from mikepow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, ill have a wee nosey Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You might find this site usefull www.snowjapan.com

18 days will more than cover the traveling !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, we are planing on two weeks skiing with perhaps a couple of days break in the middle, see how our legs are. Previously when i have done two weeks, we normally have a mid weekend break, which normally works Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I planned my trip this year perfectly for late Jan/early Feb dumpage, and fluff me if it wasn't 2*C and raining when I wanted to ski. Uh, crap. The weeks before and after it was regularly snowing 15-30cm per day. You pays your money etc. Because Niseko is low level there's always a chance of rain, but it can change back to powder overnight. Sideplans for trips to other resorts, Sapporo, Otaru etc are a good idea.

Niseko Grand Hirafu was mobbed, most stuff was tracked out by 10am, but it's a good base to take guided tours.

Enjoy all of Japan, I did and will be back next year!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AJQ, you might want to look at doing more than one resort, perhaps Zao, Shiga Kogen (snow monkeys) or Hakuba, rather than just Niseko and take in Tokyo.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks radar, something to think about for sure, looking at the link that you have given me Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any time of the season on Niseko. Just avoid Japanese hols
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What are you looking for / hoping for?

What kind of skiing do you like?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AJQ, the post from our visit http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84153&highlight= might help
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the Link radar.

Mike. Really looking for the legendary Powder Happy However if the Wife comes as well will be also looking for some pisted runs too, as she has not been skiing that long, she can do nice parallels on Blues, so would probably send her to ski school.
The other 3 of us want to develop our powder skills further. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Are you looking at doing Hokkaido or Honshu resorts? Like a previous poster I planned my trip for late January / early February this year in Hakuba. What I got was a few lovely sunny days on groomed runs before getting rained out for 2 days then skiing on frozen moguls after that. Guess it's the same risk anywhere though. If you want a better chance of powder head north to Hokkaido.
ski holidays
Raven, that's not really the case. You can have poor weather on Hokkaido or Honshu. The most snow in Japan actually falls on Honshu. That's not to say you should go to one rather than the other, but you get deep powder in both and you can have mixed conditions in both.
snow report
From the seven seasons I've been keeping records for the Niseko Resort Area, Hokkaido

Dec - 362 cm / 143"
Jan - 482 cm / 190"
Feb - 288 cm / 113"
Mar - 172 cm / 68"

January is by far the snowiest month - quality, quantity, consistency - but also the busiest and most expensive.

February and March offer plenty of powder days and more chance of actually seeing the surroundings with more clear days and sunshine.

No better place for your wife to transition from piste to powder too.

You won't regret visiting Hokkaido.
latest report
Hokkaido it is then Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy