Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Major rodent-themed ski website suspended for "major update"

Poster: A snowHead
He seems to have stitched up something or possibly rebranded as something called The Summit. True to form looks slick but scratch the surface and content is ho-hum to non-existent.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, certainly seems to be a link doesn't there. Summit's own site links to Snivel, and PK is listed on Summit's editorial team.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Ugly little shit

Actually having just looked his photo on LinkedIn, you're right !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, fatbob, it defo was ranked highly on Google for the search term with or without a gap. But, clearly, since taking the site down, Google can no longer "see it". Moral of the story is to keep the old site up until the new one is ready to go.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of "Good weekend everyone" tweets from the vole today ... seven in total so far ...

https://twitter.com/Snivel

Personally I can't face another weekend without snowVole, and my Norwegian blue parrot is pining for the fjords.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BREAKING NEWS The vole is back ...

http://www.Snivel.com/

Now includes ski news in Latin ...

http://www.Snivel.com/m/news/view/The-Summit-News

snowVole wrote:
Morbi in porttitor tortor. Suspendisse id pretium nisi, ut facilisis nulla. Proin sed pellentesque odio. Nunc at aliquet nulla. Morbi ac mollis ligula. In condimentum semper orci, eu lobortis ligula ornare sit amet. Nam porttitor nunc sit amet massa scelerisque lobortis. In dignissim vitae tellus in mollis. Maecenas euismod, nibh sed tristique tincidunt, nunc dui faucibus erat, non facilisis massa justo vitae diam. Nulla a tempus felis, sit amet viverra magna.

Google Translate helpfully converts this (I must admit my ski holiday phrasebook Latin is not what it was) to ...

Quote:
Write on the airline package. It is more than the price unless, as there is no more. Find out more information. But now, no bananas. Disease and soft costs. In the always liked the sauce, football teams around the world to adorn not be published. Is now feasible for mass market models. The brush in the soft earth of life. More investment, analysis, but comfortable keyboard, now housing the throat was not just an accumulation of life here. Any time by the cats, is a large investor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wtf? (A Level Latin didn't equip me for translating that.)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does not look too different to my eye!

Much ado about nothing as usual Mr. Goldschmeid rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tool - rebranding a newscrawler under a new name hardly constitutes a major improvement. I struggle to see what advertisers see in him and wonder what it actually brings them given that most participants are desperately pimping something themselves.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apart from Home, the only other tab on the main menu bar without a long drop-down menu is Store - shirley shome mishtake for such a commercially oriented site. wink Samerberg Sue, +1
I won't be back there. Unless sH goes MO. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, +1
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Does not look too different to my eye!

Much ado about nothing as usual Mr. Goldschmeid rolling eyes

Sorry to have wasted your very valuable time, and I can see why you would wish to Sue me.
I genuinely thought the use of Latin in ski news to be highly innovative.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
I genuinely thought the use of Latin in ski news to be highly innovative.

and rather weird? Puzzled

Still, in the case of Snivel, "Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius"...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[A little publishing secret: magazine publishers etc. often use Latin gobbledygook as 'body text' in setting up dummy editions for advertisers to look at. It's not supposed to be seen by General Public.]
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Comedy Goldsmith, ah. Interesting. Thank you.
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, Pedantica, it's in Latin but it is called Greeking... just to confuse. But at least the Vole is catering to the Greco-Roman market which seems to have been completely ignored by this site.
snow report
...Also known as Lorem ipsum, and its use has been traced back to printing in the 1500s
ski holidays
and you can generate it here: http://www.blindtextgenerator.com
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, OMG we get enough twaddle on here already without that gizmo.

So what we have discovered is that after a long lay off Snivel is still partly stuffed - he should be coming out of hibernation now - not packing it away. wink
ski holidays
Dubaian, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, fiat lux, et lux erat. Viduit lucere sanguine millia passuum.

And the translation is not nonsense. wink
Might be a bit 'dog' latin tho'.
snow report
English to Latin translation
snow vole = nix vole

Not a lot of people know that
snow report
http://lipsum.com/

or more pertinently

http://tlipsum.appspot.com/

'Appen as mebbe
snow conditions
Just had another peek at snowVole and the Latin seems to have disappeared, to be replaced with a hybrid of English ...

http://www.Snivel.com/index.php

Quote:
The Summit News
The Summit News is the Internets foremost online news service for everything ski & snowboard. Be sure to follow their regular updates via SnowVole.com
snow report
I'm sure Powder magazine or Ski or TGR or ESPN skiing just for the English speaking world are quaking in their boots at that claim.
snow report
Does he actually make a living from this crap ?
snow conditions

Vince the SnowVole. £12.99
dsoutar wrote:
Does he actually make a living from this crap ?

You mean from selling voles? Extremely profitable, I would imagine.
latest report

Also available: free taster vole for £5.00
There is clearly no such thing as a free taster ski lesson ...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did find that funny.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith,

I've never tried a vole but I do like squirrel - are the similar? I would expect at least a brace for a fiver though.
ski holidays
One of my sources, well-placed within the Vole Corporation, tells me there is no shortage of voles on the UK meat market. And apparently the authentic Far Eastern stuffing makes them ideal for vegetarians.
snow report
Quote:

apparently the authentic Far Eastern stuffing makes them ideal for vegetarians.

Puzzled
snow report
News story of the Year:
"Vince has made the decision that he will be appearing at the London Ski & Snowboard Show only this year."

http://www.Snivel.com/

That should double the attendance. Alternative promotional concept:

"Vince has made the decision that he will be appearing at the Old Bailey only this year."

Not sure why, but I take the view that Vince's mere existence is a crime.
snow report

snowVole v snowHeads

SnowVole was born in Feb 2012 and - as posted on page one - went through a major redesign in the first half of June.

So ... it's odd that this graph shows no effect at that time, but the ranking dropping right down in July-August. This doesn't seem to make sense - can anyone explain?

Current global rankings are ...

snowheads.com 102,589
snowvole.com 1,483,576
planetski.eu 492,929
natives.co.uk 481,899
j2ski.com 173,695

[Data/graph by Alexa.com]

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 13-10-13 19:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

SnowVole was born in Feb 2012 and - as posted on page one - went through a major redesign in the first half of June.

So ... it's odd that this graph shows no effect at that time, but the ranking dropping right down in July-August. This doesn't seem to make sense - can anyone explain?

The redesign probably changed the page URLs and\or page content which would have been a bit negative for rankings. Still, overall the effect was positive once things had settled down and the site was re-indexed.
snow report

Another 'major update' to the rodent-themed website ...

English, but not as we know it.
ski holidays
David , you have been critical of SH, snow vole and the ski club, but are happy to spend time discussing them.
Maybe the time has come for you to set up your own blog or website as you obviously have the skills and aptitude.
It's easy to run everyone else down , much easier than you setting up Goldsmiths ski blog.
You are proud of the number if visitors you posts get, so go on show us what you have.

I am sure you could do a better job than a stuffed vole.
snow report
Filthyphil30k, I prefer to be a slave to the Establishment. Have you joined WTF Ski Club - operated by a well-known Aviemore ski tycoon?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/

Latest in-depth features:

- How to ski across the front wall of an industrial unit
- Chopped chopper: Scottish mountain rescue helicopter takes to the road
- Chinese water-skiing, with a difference
- Your skiwear may need 'rehab'
snow conditions
I am aware of WTF, it's not for me.
But I am sure many other would enjoy it.
I just think you could have your own space and craft it to a personal view point on skiing.
snow report

I'm concerned about the word "could" in this Facebook posting. I like things to be a little more assured.

However, the idea of voting incentives could catch on - e.g. vote to get an MP and you "could" win a stuffed vole.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy