Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski runs/lifts/getting round Arc 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can find lots of little references to skiing around Arc 2000 by searching but could not find (might be me being inept though) much detail about the micro area around Arc 2000. I would appreciate details if anyone with some knowledge can spare the time?

Particularly I am hoping there is/are one/some free lifts and easy runs that acouple of the party (our very nearly complete beginners) can use for the first couple of days. This concept was incredibly useful for one of our party last year at La Rosiere and made it practical to just purchase one day passes for the other days she skied further into the trip, particularly as we knew that was not likely to be every day!

Also, can you drive the car around Arc 2000? I would assume not but are there roads just for the navettes or can cars use them too. I am asking because we will have a disabled blue badge holder with us and the tourist information office have not replied to my question, at least not yet.

Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is only one worthwhile free lift in 2000 - Saint Jacques, but that's only free on Saturday & Sunday. There are others which are free all week, but they are more pedestrian links, than useful ski lifts. There are many easy runs, but you will need a ski pass during the week.

I don't think you will get far driving around 2000, the road is there to connect the huge car parks, and is the link from 1950 & 1600. You can get to both 1950 & 1600 using the navettes or use the good free pedestrian lift to get to 1950. There is nothing to stop you using the same road that the navettes use, other than deep snow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndrewsPeppers, thats useful information, thank you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CaravanSkier, http://en.lesarcs.com/piste-map

Download this piste map - don't be put off by the angels. If you click on it, you can move the map about & if you enlarge it, you get a reasonable idea of the pistes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CaravanSkier, Like 1950, 2000 is quite compact, so little or no reason to make capability for cars to be driving around. The Navettes just go from 2000 - 1950 - 1600, and not around internally (unlike say 1800 which is spread across a much wider base).
The newer part of the village (which I think from your previous descriptions is where you've ended up) is connected via lift to the top end.

Ref free lifts, as above. St Jacques free on weekends. The Cabriolet, pedestrian lift, is free all week, and will allow your friend to ski down to 1950 and then get back up again .

A much longer run is possible down to Pre St Esprit, and getting the navette back up to 2000 or 1950 from the bus stop outside the restaurants there. They run every 15 mins, so when there's a queue at the bottom for the lift, can statistically (and practically!) be quicker than the "slowest lift in the world" . You're looking at about a 2km piste (according to mapmyrun.com ...) which should be enough to get the legs going.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You might get a better idea from:

http://openpistemap.org/?lat=45.5765&lon=6.8306&zoom=14&layers=BTTTT
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arctic Roll, Thank you, lots of helpful info there!

altis, That looks interesting, thank you too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arctic Roll wrote:

The newer part of the village (which I think from your previous descriptions is where you've ended up) is connected via lift to the top end.

To clarify - that's internal building lift, not ski lift!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arctic Roll wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:

To clarify - that's internal building lift, not ski lift!

Smile OK, thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Click on the central of the 3 pics in a row and it will give you a good idea of the 2000 and 1950 villages and the approach road which winds severely (not sure why the photo is tilted at 30º).
http://en.lesarcs.com/arc-2000
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you snowball, it is a strangely tilted view I would agree, but it does, as you say, give a good picture of the area.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CaravanSkier, I did a season in les arcs (peisey-vallandary) and did a write up of a number of the pistes in a thread here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223

it is now out of date as it's from 08/09 season and some lifts have changed/moved/removed but fundamentally it's still the same mountain and when I went back in 2011 I didn't have any issues finding my way around. I would ignore all the stuff about bars/restaurants as it's all probably changed since then.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you bertie bassett,
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I understand there is a plan to install a fast detachable lift back up from Pre St Espirit to 1950 either this summer or next summer, (and in the longer term the Comborcieres which accesses the blues above 1600) so the bus trick - which is neat and I hadn't thought of - may not be necessary
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mountain Haddock, Yes but the bus will always(?) be free, the lifts won't and yes can't wait for Pre Saint Esprit to be replaced, 15minutes it takes................... Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy