Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarder Conversion programme

Poster: A snowHead
Listen Darksiders, the old skiiers are a rum lot. Have spent some time browsing their Forums they are in disarray!!!! As a Darksider I accuse them of the following cyber crimes.........

1 - Constant and petty bickering.

2 - Alleged threats to "pursue" legal action against each other!?!?!?!? (chilled, eh?)

3 - Fostering destructive relations with "rival snowsites" (maybe harsh but I am going with it)

4 - Members spitting their dummy out and leaving.

5 - Several members being genetically unable to stand even the mildest criticism.

6 - Rising to the most modest of bait.

7 - Slowly letting the positive soul of this forum bleed to death.

Now then, I have the solution, which has come to me after a few large Bushmills. Turn to the darkside and be enlightened by...........

1 - Eternal happiness

2 - Developing a terrific sense of humour

3 - Discover humility and respect

4 - Know when a argument is going nowhere and be a man (or woman) and back down first (gracefully of course).

5 - Maintain the integrity of this Forum (pushing it I know but...)

So come on and turn..........to the Darkside and stop this embarrassing, destructive and pathetic behaviour or just rename the site SnowEGOS or something like that.

Altogether rathy unsavoury.

Hope the good times come back soon. All the best.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowEgos sounds like a good name for a site anyway!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Philip Prior, isn't that all a bit perceptive for a boarder? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ay,c'mon don't use big words like bit!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philip Prior wrote:
Listen Darksiders, the old skiiers are a rum lot. Have spent some time browsing their Forums they are in disarray!!!! As a Darksider I accuse them of the following cyber crimes.........

1 - Constant and petty bickering.

2 - Alleged threats to "pursue" legal action against each other!?!?!?!? (chilled, eh?)

3 - Fostering destructive relations with "rival snowsites" (maybe harsh but I am going with it)

4 - Members spitting their dummy out and leaving.

5 - Several members being genetically unable to stand even the mildest criticism.

6 - Rising to the most modest of bait.

7 - Slowly letting the positive soul of this forum bleed to death.

couldn't agree more! I have been away for the summer.. I know I am not a poster, but a lurker.. I had a slow day at work yesterday and lurked on and off.. and I have got to say that I don't recognise this site anymore...

WTF has been going on... maybe by following a whole series of linked posts and checking out comments on other sites I have gotten the wrong impression... though I have previously seen a number of cases of ego-itis before... but boy there seems to be a bit of a problem.

Guy's remember how it was when snowheads began.. because of the issue with SCGB quite a number of us left there and came here as (very cliché) "family" .. how we laughed, dance, sang and holding hands we tip toed through the flowery meadows being ever so gay (except for the snowboarding fraternity) and happy... now it's bickering and infighting.... and talk of suing each other Shocked ... for gods sake get over yourselves.. leave your ego's on your side of the monitor... and chant this mantra "snow and fun, snow and fun, snow and fun"

please guys be nice to each other.... not always easy... don't take things to the extreme... leave that to us snowboarders.. I'm already in practice for extreme drinking for my xmas trip to Avoriaz wink

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

my ap-o-lo-gies if perhaps I have read things out of context... but it's doesn't seem to be very happy in here at the...moment !! Confused Sad

oh and one last thing..leave my spelling and Grammar (ahem) out of it... or else !! wink Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
its the natural cycle of things.. like a good pub/club/restaurant/resort/off piste powder.. its only a matter of time before word gets out.. your perception of how good it is/was depends on when you found it.. if you have just joined its fine.. the longer you have been here the progessivly worse it gets.. much like anything
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's simply what happens with skiers. Since they can't actually start measuring their willys in public (although some of them do), they find other ways. "I used to carve with straight 280cm skis back in the 70s of course". "I managed to do all the runs in the resort today. Twice". "My GPS said that I was doing 62mph on the folyeres run into La Tania" **. I think it's a kind of mating ritual, hence the reason everybody within about 1/2 mile can hear them. Like most other animals they will slink off with their tails between their legs when they know they are beaten. wink

** I have actually heard somebody say this.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CANV CANVINGTON, I take you point.. and it's very true... but this is sad.. very sad.. time to move on I guess... but after the last few days of getting back up to speed on things here, I guess I have already started to drift off to other places... most seeemingly with a low opinion of SH Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lager, Laughing Please don't reinforce the stereotype to me anymore. As a relative newcomer to Snow (2000) I have done my best not to really believe the things said about skiers... becuase a lot of what is said about snowboarders is just as absurd... well actualy maybe not Laughing

I have actively taken part in micky taking.. purely for fun you understand... as I am obliged to by my prefered mode of transport down mountains on snow.. and I would be disowned by the brethern if I did not..... But as time goes by and the more trips I make.. it's actually harder and harder to not see some truth in the stereotype portrayed... I guess now it will provide me with more entertainment if I just really admit to myself... thats what skiers are actaully like wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

they can't actually start measuring their willys in public

So please note that it's not all skiers who are falling out with each other. It's just the men rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, Good point, since not all skiers have enormous willy's with ego's to match. Well, that's what they claim about the 1st bit, and we can all see the results of the 2nd bit. rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Honestly, compared with most forums, snowhead members are still ridiculously nice to each other. A little bickering isn't a bad thing, it's natural.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Willys are great ... but really can't see how you'd use one skiing... another benefit of being a boarder i guess Laughing At least we don't have to to worry about having something to keep us upright.... then again we're too busy sitting, lying down, digging snow holes to get drunk and/or stoned in, in the middle of the piste Laughing

Ahh much needed levity wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oisin Osh Kelly, dear me, I've managed to miss all the shenanigans and have no idea of all the crap that's been posted. But I'm a bit saddened by what I'm hearing. All jokes aside, the need for a chill pill is obvious for some of these guys.
You're right, sliding is much more calming to the noodle than all the over-technical schussing devised by the twoplankers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm calm snowHead and I've only been snowboarding once.
snow conditions
Ian Hopkinson, see you've already found the answer...............it only takes one go Wink Toofy Grin Little Angel
ski holidays
Dan, so do you feel we should gang up together to buy a snowboarding lesson for 'selected individuals'? snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson, to be fair i haven't a clue what's going on at the moment..............but couldn't hurt i guess?
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson, Dan, Let me know if you want an instructor... NehNeh
snow report
I agree that it's a natural cycle. Maybe it's just me but I have noticed it's more about who starts a thread than what it's about that determines it's popularity. I guess it's natural , ie people who know each other will reply to each other than reply to some less prolific poster.

Anyways always in the search for new and interesting forums, I have discovered teton gravity. Very busy, most Yanks but a few this side of the pond too. Some very interesting reading there if you're into off piste and backcountry. For instance a number of threads about first hand accounts of the search for the first avalanche casulty in Colorado this year + another really good thread about 2 guys who dug a guy out 2 days ago.

Anyone know of other good snow/snowboarding forums?
snow conditions
Bit of a warning re TGR. Can be NSFW.

Fairly busy snowboarding forum here

Their equivalent of the Apres Zone is The Bar .
NSFW threads are marked with a red spot.
ski holidays
There is also the Snowboard UK site -

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2.html
ski holidays
I must be honest, I've not come across too much bickering but there is a definate change to the place. I've only popped onto the forums on and off through the summer/autumn but I can feel that the humour and love is disappearing. Without wishing to open up old "boarders vs skers" wounds, it certainly seems as though the two plankers could learn a thing or two from us lot. There are always a few snide comments directed at us boarders but so what?? Who cares? Take it on the chin and have a laugh at each other (and ourselves). We all love the snow for one reason or another, we all get a buzz from doing what we do and far too many people are starting to take this site and themselves too seriously.
It's supposed to be fun afterall.......perhaps we're better off without the afore mentioned egos.
It's a pitty that people that I have seen on these pages since day one such as Philip Prior and Oisin Osh Kelly are thinking about and posting alternative websites on these pages. Lets not forget why this site was started, eh.

GET A GRIP EVERYONE. Winters on its way. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy