Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sponsorships Available!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,
Nilly Apparel is a lifestyle clothing brand made for the people who live life on the edge, like to party, and otherwise just live willy "nilly."

We are looking to sponsor skiers and snowboarders at all levels of experience to partner with us and help us expand into this awesome sport. As a sponsored skier or snowboarder you will receive exclusive offers and special pricing on all Nilly Apparel products, free stickers with every order, have membership to our Nilly Life community, and enjoy VIP access to our booth at every event that Nilly Apparel attends. In addition, we will promote you on a national level on our website, Facebook, and Twitter pages. This will open up opportunities for you attract more sponsors, fans, and scouts to help take your game to the next level.

Let us help you by getting sponsored like a pro.
Apply today on our website http://nillylife.com
And check us out and give us a like on Facebook! http://facebook.com/NillyApparel

Live Nilly!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So, the definition of "sponsorship" is being allowed to purchase T-shirts at a discount and get some free stickers. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, that might be a bit unfair - I am sure that they are only showing the additional benefits of their sponsorship - over the boring traditional models from Atomic / Salomon / etc. Wink I assume that there is a pile of cash as well...
Nilly Apparel, let us know the financial package - etc. - as you are looking for skiers / snowboarders of all levels - I will be happy to get some sponsorship from you - as sponsorship is product / cash in exchange for exposure and building your reputation / brand from the athlete's I am sure I can help you build your brand...

of course it could just be spam Wink

Alasdair
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That information varies by athlete, so we would need you to submit an application so that we know more about you and then can make an offer. Beginners are eligible for discounts and other benefits while pros are offered more. We are not announcing to the world our sponsors "financial packages" who does that?
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Live Nilly
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Might want to learn how to use stickers first
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our fans can do whatever they want with their stickers. Join up and teach em how its done, mag1882
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nilly Apparel wrote:
Our fans can do whatever they want with their stickers. Join up and teach em how its done, mag1882

mmm - of course - but that is one of your promotional photos!

Nilly Apparel wrote:
That information varies by athlete, so we would need you to submit an application so that we know more about you and then can make an offer. Beginners are eligible for discounts and other benefits while pros are offered more. We are not announcing to the world our sponsors "financial packages" who does that?
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Live Nilly

With all respect - I would start by spending your money on your website... There are lots of wordpress templates which aren't broken (look at www.templatemonster.com for some cheap ones)...
I am sure that you meant well coming onto this forum to spread the news about your business - the name is good, and could be built into a brand - but in reality as a business you have some stickers / some t-shirts / a domain / a badly operating website and a trademark - that doesn't make a business...

The website - search box button is broken / the twitter section is badly laid out / the phtoos of your t-shirts doesn't work properly in IE / your shopping cart icon needs a transparent background / there are no events in your calendar / most of your products in the shop are 'coming soon' / your twitter account has one tweet & one follower / etc. etc.

It is clear that you are just starting out - but sorry, that doesn't make you sponsors...
There are two types of companies when it comes to sponsorship...

a) has the brand / lifestyle / image (Red Bull / Nike / Gillette / etc.) and athletes would fight to be sponsored by them - sponsorship builds both brands - they often have a range of athletes, the top in the world and the promising future stars...

b) has no brand / image / etc. - they pay the athlete to help build their brand...

I would suggest that Nilly is (b) pretending / hoping / wanting to be (a)
What you are not offering is sponsorship - if you want to sponsor athletes then you need to approach them and swap kit they need / cash for promotion of your brand - that is the basics of how it works at this level - perhaps target specific types of people - instructors if you want to pursue those starting out / children, or freestylers if that sector is more interesting - or those in race training etc...

all the best with your venture

Alasdair
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is a joke right???

In fact just looked at the facebook and website and it is quite an involved piece of irony.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha, that website is terrible.

Not only do they need to learn how to apply stickers but they need to learn how to take photographs and edit them for the web to the right proportions too.

Basically they just sell T-Shirts right?

However they have just got a bit of link juice from a relevant forum to help them up the Google list from the OP
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been working on some anti sponsorship packages. It works like this, specially selected anti athletes, myself included agree not to wear a brand or sport logos in exchange for a financial consideration.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Give them a break its clear they are only starting out. Some of the t shirts have pretty cool designs too. My only problem is that they don't even ship to the UK otherwise I might have bought a couple of tees from them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pcurran871 wrote:
My only problem is that they don't even ship to the UK otherwise I might have bought a couple of tees from them.

Schoolboy error in pimping product to a UK based site then ya think?

personally I believe in giving a break to newbies who have got something different and interesting, screenprint t shirts definitely doesn't meet that threshold and certainly does not make a "brand".
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pcurran871, My thoughts exactly although this does feel slightly spammy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They may well be starting out but someone needs to tell them to get the basics right first and if they're promoting their website atleast have it functioning properly in the major web browsers.

First impressions count for alot and they're giving off a very bad unprofessional one.

I certainly wouldnt enter any credit card details in that site
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I deal with large numbers of start-up businesses and this comes across as a business run by young folk who haven't yet really had experience of real business...
think The Apprentice and the blagging / bragging that goes on there - from young folk who have swollowed corporate-speak dictionaries but don't yet understand the basics of businesses...
There is a belief that by claiming to be something big and impressive you become that... and I suppose that with the internet you can certianly give an impression of being what-ever you would like - but you do need to be able to deliver and match the claim...

The OP hasn't returned since my post above - I suspect they won't Wink but I do wish them all the best - but hopefully this might be an opportunity for them to revisit who they are / their claims / etc. - if they hadn't use the word sponsorship (terribly gorwn up and serious financial implications there) but instead focused on the fun / attitude / free stickers / give-aways of free t-shirts / etc. they wouldn't have looked quite so silly...

we shouldn't forget that white stuff started by selling t-shirts - worked for them...
http://www.whitestuff.com/article-artlabout/

Alasdair
snow report
akirk, & Fatface

but how many T shirt businesses set up by seasonnaires since then have tanked? Usually you can go to a ski show and throw a stick & hit 5 or so new "lifestyle" brands some of which just seem to be set up to bolster the CV of the founder with a bit of daddy's capital before they knuckle down and get a real job [/cynic mode]

Planks I guess is the most notable "British" emergent brand of the past few years.
snow conditions
fatbob,

I'e met Jules & Tim - I can well imagine them as ski bums Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy