Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A Summer Confidence and Skills Camp 29th June 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For years I've read about Easiski/Charlotte and the "Cautious to Confident" weeks she runs for more cautious skier like myself to be with others of a similar mindset/ability. It sounded just what I needed but I could never find the time to go. This year I finally managed to get there and had a great time. After a week I felt my confidence whilst skiing was much improved and I was tackling runs I'd previously have classed as "too scary".

I'd expressed an interest in doing something similar in the summer. So this year she's running a Confidence and Skills Camp from 29th June with six days coaching. The course is being run for people who are able to parallel ski on easy slopes but get nervous on steeper pistes, what she thinks of as between class 2 & 3. There are a couple of places still available if anyone else would like to get some more skiing in before next season.

The skiing takes place on the glacier and "only" until lunchtime which means the afternoon and evening are free to do lots of other activities or just laze about Toofy Grin . You can read more about what to do in Les Deux Alps in the summer on Easiski's website. I've not been to the Alps in the summer before but this sounds a nice mix of a summer holiday but with addition of skiing in the morning. Hoping so anyway.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wifey did the C2C course in March with Charlotte, and has come on leaps and bounds. She's now asking if she can do the summer one without me!!!???: Me thinks not!! Laughing

Just a note to add onto Peura's post, brilliant teacher, ideal lessons, excellent course instruction. OH has now enrolled on next years course in February 2014.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Simon94, Why not? Of course she should come on here own!! You can surely manage the son and the dog for a week?
wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simon94, she's your wife, not your property. If you're bothered about her being better than you, sign up yourself as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You all ganging up on me!!? Who will tender my needs if she's not here?? She can't anyway, we enjoying some sun in Turkey those weeks.....or maybe joining in with the riots! Thanks again Charlotte for your instruction and enthusiasm, it has worked wonders on Dawn's confidence... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sun here is definitely preferable - you can lounge in the sun in the afternoons here!
Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit late but here's a post holiday report. I had a great time there. Loads of places to ski still, this year right down to 2600m. My skiing is now much improved after easiski's great tuition, it's kind of hard to believe that's me in some of the videos. Still some things to work on, it's there always wink , but well worth going.
As for the rest of the holiday we had lots of lovely warm sunny days. Warm enough to walk around in shorts and t-shirts and swim in the little pool above Mont de Lans . Lots of folk were sunbathing but that's not really my thing. Sadly I was too tired to take up all the apres ski activities I thought I'd do, e.g. white water rafting, via ferrata, etc. but it was just nice to have some warmer weather.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy