Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Think you're rad in the park?

Poster: A snowHead
Think again

http://youtube.com/v/Z_F01eV0Iqw

Shamelessly nicked off TGR

Love the genuine hockey emergency stop.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loving the braking technique at 2:03 Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome!

Oh, I wish... I wish...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy Very Happy My daughter shadowed a couple of lessons for a 2 year old at the dry slope. Total nightmare tbh!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Too cute! Love the full-sized goggles too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
zzzzzzzz

Go to Norway and have a look a the feral toddlers on skis.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He looks way too drunk to be skiing. Dude can barely stand up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MagSeven wrote:
He looks way too drunk to be skiing. Dude can barely stand up.

Not easy walking in ski boots when you have just mastered walking on feet. He falls over very casually though
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideways_Jnr was only a couple of weeks into his third year when he took to skis and the first thing he wanted to do was go over the little jumps and the see-saw they had setup in the learners area... No hockey stick but did use some extra long reigns we picked up at the snowshow the year before...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fantastic!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Totally didn't do it for me. Like people who put their kids on bikes with stabilisers and kid themselves that they're riding a bike. The only bit I saw where the kid was actually skiing he ended up out of control and had to be hooked onto the ground with the hockey stick before he damaged someone.

Pushy Parents
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TheGeneralist, was just thinking the same thing, not clever and potentially dangerous for the kid
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TheGeneralist wrote:
Totally didn't do it for me. Like people who put their kids on bikes with stabilisers and kid themselves that they're riding a bike. The only bit I saw where the kid was actually skiing he ended up out of control and had to be hooked onto the ground with the hockey stick before he damaged someone.

Pushy Parents

One person's pushy parent is another's providing maximum opportunities. I did have the same thought but decided on balance that the kid would have been throwing himself on the ground and crying if he genuinely wasn't having fun. I know instructors are generally anti-leash these days but hockey stick struck me as a sensible prop that I hadn't seen before.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a cool lil dude.
Hockey stick is a great idea, although a bit of padding might put some snowHead s at ease.

Did I see a large S-shaped snowHead sticker on the RHS of the kid's helmet???!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ALQ, thats Smith, not SH.

The more I think about the Stick, more I like it... but maybe a problem if you get sin-binned for high slashing a toddler.
latest report
TheGeneralist wrote:

Pushy Parents

You must have been watching a different video from me.

Tremendous balancing skills on and off the box

Tremendous balancing skills and stance holding on to the hockey stick and skiing on his own

Already skis freer and more relaxed than the vast majority of resort skiers.

Great watch, thanks for posting.
ski holidays
+1 for the hockey stick. A perfect instrument for child control Twisted Evil
snow report
Mike Pow, I see a kid who can hardly walk in ski boots clinging for dear life onto a pole as his parents drag him around a fun park. As soon as he isn't holding onto the pole he falls over, first clip on snow he falls over, later on he almosts skis into the back of an adult, which would hurt the kid a lot more than the adult!

He's also got a cut/black eye presumably from when he falls over carrying his skis at the start..or where he does the face plant off the box...

but he does seem to be enjoying it
snow report
kitenski, I think we can accept it wouldn't make the BASI manual on safety but I had the same thoughts as Mike Pow on stance and balance. Great freestanding shuffling and confident stance on unaided freerunning. OK so he can't stop himself yet and is better on skis than off but he's already got skills that would put most adult beginners to shame. The carrying his skis in the lodge did look a little cruel.
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Mike Pow, I see a kid who can hardly walk in ski boots clinging for dear life onto a pole as his parents drag him around a fun park. As soon as he isn't holding onto the pole he falls over, first clip on snow he falls over, later on he almosts skis into the back of an adult, which would hurt the kid a lot more than the adult!

He's also got a cut/black eye presumably from when he falls over carrying his skis at the start..or where he does the face plant off the box...

You've written 'falls' three times and that might be the crux of it.

A young boy this age will be falling on a regular basis off snow in street shoes as he develops the strength, co-ordination and dexterity for walking and running. Quite possibly the cuts & bruises were sustained hitting the pavement or furniture.

I would suggest that falling whilst skiing feels very normal for this little legend and explains his rapid progression and comfort on skis.

IMHO the fear of falling and failing are the biggest obstacles to ski improvement and explains why many children leave their parents behind, figuratively and literally.

Quote:
but he does seem to be enjoying it

I think so, you can't fake that body language.
snow conditions
I have to agree withMike Pow, some useful skills being gained very early on and full enjoyment factor going on.

His parents are obviously very comfortable with using the stick ( not the easiest thing to master) and have good control over him with it. A good tool if used well but if not it could be disaster, luckily no iciing involved wink

He skied quiet well for his age when he left his mum, putting in a nice turn to the left ( no fall ) and again when his dad let him ski free. Yes it could be dangerous but so many things in life can be too. Positive thing from this is in the next couple of seasons hes going to be difficult to keep up with.

He also seemed to really love that pow he went through Toofy Grin
latest report
message removed

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 17-10-13 6:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Bah humbugs (some of you) - he didn't look distressed in fact the opposite - absolutely brilliant esp the goggles Shocked
ski holidays
but I'm the best skier on the mountain
ski holidays
A bit of wee came out at 2:03
ski holidays
a bit of spam popped out at 21:15
snow conditions
message removed

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 17-10-13 6:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
themutecollective,

hi emma if that really is your name, probably best not just shamelessy pimp your own product so blatantly across multiple subject areas.

It dont go darren well in theeese parts..... and there are, i am led to believe, some very strange folks around here including sme who may have guns, some who eat strange foods and we even have a mad little dutch troll who puts his head up now and again. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like many of the 2 year olds I've taught. Balance and stance is mainly ok and appropriate for his age. However, he's not really engaged with what he's doing (although he is obviously having fun) - put most sturdy toddlers on skis and physically direct them and you'll get the same result. I know 2 year old skiers and a 2 year old snowboarder who can turn and stop independently. Shocked
snow report
Quote:

I see a kid who can hardly walk in ski boots clinging for dear life onto a pole as his parents drag him around a fun park. As soon as he isn't holding onto the pole he falls over, first clip on snow he falls over, later on he almosts skis into the back of an adult, which would hurt the kid a lot more than the adult!

Are you watching the same video as me? Yeah sure he can't really turn on stop, but he has got amazing balance and feel for the skis already and seems to be loving it.

The walking in boots holding the skis was a little funny/mean at the start though.
snow report
kat.ryb wrote:
Yeah sure he can't really turn on stop, but he has got amazing balance and feel for the skis already and seems to be loving it.

It seems to be a natural thing for them, they haven't got that fear of falling. My son was 2.5 last jan and started skiing. Same thing - no control, but perfect balance and enormous fun.

I had to stop him every 20 miters to control his speed and he kept pushing me away.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy